Waukesha man tells cop he needs "clean blood" after DUI arrest
Complaint: Man, 40, stopped after reports of erratic driving on I-94
A 40-year-old Waukesha man allegedly told police all he needed was "clean blood" after being arrested for his third drunken-driving offense last week.
Brian Wallace, 2609 Madison St., was charged on Dec. 3 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with carrying a concealed weapon, operating a firearm while intoxicated, drunken driving and operating on a suspended license.
According to the criminal complaint, a deputy with the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department made a traffic stop on a red pickup truck being driven by Wallace at about 5:45 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 2.
The deputy was told by dispatch that the vehicle was seen swerving erratically on I-94 near Bluemound Road and the driver was suspected of being intoxicated.
Wallace told the officer he had four drinks before driving and that there was a gun located in its case in the back seat of his truck. The gun was later located underneath the driver's side arm rest.
Wallace had difficulty performing several field sobriety tests and registered a .20 blood alcohol content level on a preliminary breath test; .08 is the legal limit in Wisconsin. He received a phone call during the tests and allegedly told the person on the phone: "Dude, I can't talk. I am going to jail."
Wallace was transported to Waukesha Memorial Hospital for a blood draw. When asked by police whether he needed anything before being taken in, he said, "Yeah, I need some clean blood."
Wallace was previously convicted of drunken driving in April 2009 and August 2009. His license had been suspended since April 2009.
Wallace could face up to 2 1/2 years in prison and $22,000 in fines if convicted.
His cash bail was set at $5,000 at an initial appearance on Dec. 3. He was ordered to wear an alcohol-monitoring bracelet as a condition of his release and will be under court supervision, according to court records.
His next expected court date is Jan. 17.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha County detective Peter Korns arrested, charged for domestic-related incident
- 'Suspicious' Halloween decoration turns out to be mannequin in a tree
- Waukesha man accused of repeatedly manufacturing, selling cocaine
- Waukesha man accused of molesting, groping his granddaughter for years
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Apple harvest, lawn care and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Waukesha wants judge to reverse ruling on former fire chief's job
- Waukesha asks public for help to fund new downtown holiday lights
- Second stabbing suspect to be mentally evaluated in Waukesha Slender Man case
- The Clarke Hotel in downtown Waukesha again looks to fill vacancy with general manager stepping down