Waukesha man faces 10 counts of child porn possession
Complaint: Man, 26, found in possession of infant porn
A 26-year-old Waukesha man was charged on Dec. 5 with 10 counts of child pornography possession and one count of child sexploitation, allegedly distributing the pornography through a peer-to-peer network.
Ryan Hermanson, 922 Birch Drive, could face up to 290 years in prison and $1.1 million in fines if convicted.
According to the criminal complaint, a detective with the Waukesha City Police Department found that suspected child pornography was being distributed through a popular file-sharing network on Oct. 30.
The officer obtained a records warrant and learned the pornography was being shared by an IP address registered to Hermanson's residence in Waukesha, the complaint states. Police executed a search warrant at the residence and seized a laptop from Heramnson's room, according to the complaint.
Several videos depicting prepubescent children engaging in sexual acts with adult men were found on the laptop, according to the complaint, and at least two videos depicted infants being sexually assaulted.
Hermanson was released on Dec. 5 after posting a $5,000 cash bond and signing a $10,000 signature bond, according to court records.
He is expected to appear at a preliminary hearing on Dec. 12.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha pools closing for the season
- Waukesha woman accused of striking children, husband after night of drinking
- It was a twister in Waukesha, after all, National Weather Service says (1)
- Waukesha's La Casa de Esperanza opens its new charter school
- Trial date set in Slender Man case in Waukesha (1)
- Waukesha Community Briefs: HAWS collection drive, Dialogue Initiative and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- Waukesha Catholic schools make a welcoming Choice in revised voucher program
- Homeless Waukesha man charged with battering woman (2)
- Waukesha again seeks public's assistance in funding downtown holiday lights