NOW:53146:USA01489
http://widgets.journalinteractive.com/cache/JIResponseCacher.ashx?duration=5&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdata.wp.myweather.net%2FeWxII%2F%3Fdata%3D*USA01489
59°
H 59° L 46°
Clear | 7MPH

Waukesha man charged with sex assault, child porn possession

Man, 21, accused of having sexual contact with 14-year-old girl

Dec. 17, 2013

A 21-year-old Waukesha man was charged last week with child sex assault, allegedly having sexual contact with a 14-year-old girl in October. He is also accused of maintaining contact with a 16-year-old girl in violation of a restraining order requested by the girl's father.

Travis McDonald was charged on Thursday, Dec. 12 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with second-degree child sex assault, child pornography possession and violating a child abuse restraining order.

McDonald could face up to 65 years in prison and $201,000 in fines if convicted.

According to the criminal complaint, The 16-year-old girl's father contacted Waukesha Police on April 10 in regards to the alleged restraining order violation. He told police in the complaint that McDonald had been calling his daughter and sending her Facebook messages using the identity "Travis McWeston."

The restraining order went into effect in May 2012, and phone records provided by the father indicated that McDonald had contacted the girl in February 2013, the complaint states.

On Oct. 17, the officer met with a 14-year-old girl in regards to a possible sexual assault.

McDonald was questioned by police on Dec. 4, the complaint states. He told police that he was in love with the 16-year-old girl and that the age difference should not matter.

Asked about the alleged sexual assault, he admitted in the complaint to the assault the girl described, but said that he stopped before penetration.

Photos of the 16-year-old girl in various states of undress were found on McDonald's phone, according to the complaint.

McDonald's cash bail was set at $5,000 at an initial appearance on Dec. 12. He was told to have no contact with any minor females and is not allowed to use any device capable of connecting to the Internet, according to court records.

He is expected to appear at a preliminary hearing on Dec. 20.

This site uses Facebook comments to make it easier for you to contribute. If you see a comment you would like to flag for spam or abuse, click the "x" in the upper right of it. By posting, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Suburban News Roundup

E-mail Newsletter

Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.


Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter
Get the Newsletter!

Login or Register to manage all your newsletter preferences.

Local Crime Map

CONNECT    

Advertisement

Latest Photo Galleries