In advance of the dangerously frigid temperatures, the Waukesha School District is closing its schools on Monday.
The school district made the announcement late Friday afternoon.
The forecast for Monday calls for the high temperature to be around 13 degrees below zero, according to the National Weather Service with wind chills expected to be as low as 30 to 45 below zero.
In addition to the Waukesha School District, all Waukesha County public schools are closing on Monday.
Superintendents across Waukesha County held a conference call Friday afternoon where they determined schools would close on Monday.
Initially, a Sunday evening conference call was scheduled but it was moved up after Milwaukee Public Schools canceled school for Monday earlier on Friday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Man rescued from Dunkin' Donuts Dumpster after falling in while looking for wife's dentures
- Waukesha man accused of repeatedly assaulting 12-year-old boy
- Disgraced former Waukesha County sheriff's lieutenant gets jail time, probation
- Former sheriff's lieutenant gets jail time, probation
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Art crawl, awards lunch, health clinics and more
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Waukesha man accused of delivering drugs that caused overdose death
- Waukesha Police Report: Oct. 2, 2014 issue
- Waukesha lists curbside pickup and drop-off center times for leaves
- Spooky, isn't it: Halloween season kicks in Waukesha with Wisconsin Feargrounds