In advance of the dangerously frigid temperatures, the Waukesha School District is closing its schools on Monday.
The school district made the announcement late Friday afternoon.
The forecast for Monday calls for the high temperature to be around 13 degrees below zero, according to the National Weather Service with wind chills expected to be as low as 30 to 45 below zero.
In addition to the Waukesha School District, all Waukesha County public schools are closing on Monday.
Superintendents across Waukesha County held a conference call Friday afternoon where they determined schools would close on Monday.
Initially, a Sunday evening conference call was scheduled but it was moved up after Milwaukee Public Schools canceled school for Monday earlier on Friday.
- 2016 Waukesha County Fair coverage
- Our Fair Ladies Blog: Video: Crafting and animal races at the Waukesha County Fair
- Outstanding fees could prevent students from graduation ceremonies
- Studio time gives students opportunity to create
- Stay cool at Hebron House and Jeremy Safe Haven
- Waukesha Salvation Army offering cool place to stay in light of impending heat wave
- Crest owner brings Irish flavor to new venture in downtown Waukesha
- Funeral Services: July 21, 2016 issue
- Complaint: Waukesha woman, drunk, grabbed gun following phone dispute
- Waukesha police report: July 21, 2016 issue