In advance of the dangerously frigid temperatures, the Waukesha School District is closing its schools on Monday.
The school district made the announcement late Friday afternoon.
The forecast for Monday calls for the high temperature to be around 13 degrees below zero, according to the National Weather Service with wind chills expected to be as low as 30 to 45 below zero.
In addition to the Waukesha School District, all Waukesha County public schools are closing on Monday.
Superintendents across Waukesha County held a conference call Friday afternoon where they determined schools would close on Monday.
Initially, a Sunday evening conference call was scheduled but it was moved up after Milwaukee Public Schools canceled school for Monday earlier on Friday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Art crawl, Bluesfest, Night Out
- Waukesha Police Report: July 30, 2015 issue
- Waukesha's garbage and recycling rules change
- Ace will no longer be the place in downtown Waukesha
- Waukesha pastor charged with first-degree sexual assault of a child (1)
- Surveys add to Waukesha alderman's web of public interaction
- Molina Healthcare giving out groceries, health kits at La Casa de Esperanza in Waukesha
- Waukesha man accused of putting 17-year-old girlfriend in a choke hold
- Waukesha man facing charges in three separate criminal cases
- Waukesha County Fair has best opening day attendance mark in history