In advance of the dangerously frigid temperatures, the Waukesha School District is closing its schools on Monday.
The school district made the announcement late Friday afternoon.
The forecast for Monday calls for the high temperature to be around 13 degrees below zero, according to the National Weather Service with wind chills expected to be as low as 30 to 45 below zero.
In addition to the Waukesha School District, all Waukesha County public schools are closing on Monday.
Superintendents across Waukesha County held a conference call Friday afternoon where they determined schools would close on Monday.
Initially, a Sunday evening conference call was scheduled but it was moved up after Milwaukee Public Schools canceled school for Monday earlier on Friday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Robotics class, concealed carry, job fair and more
- Waukesha Reads program continues: Oct. 8-14 events
- Vietnamese restaurant Pho King opens, pizza eatery Bobanna's closes in Waukesha (1)
- Food drive grows bigger in Waukesha's District 12
- Xperience Fitness and Dollar Tree open in old Waukesha Kmart
- West Allis man charged with video taping women's restroom at UW-Waukesha
- Housing development hopes to stay at home in town of Waukesha
- Waukesha officials try to plug holes tied to GE move
- Waukesha Police Report: Oct. 8, 2015 issue
- Cafe De Arts plans to relocate within Waukesha in coming months