In advance of the dangerously frigid temperatures, the Waukesha School District is closing its schools on Monday.
The school district made the announcement late Friday afternoon.
The forecast for Monday calls for the high temperature to be around 13 degrees below zero, according to the National Weather Service with wind chills expected to be as low as 30 to 45 below zero.
In addition to the Waukesha School District, all Waukesha County public schools are closing on Monday.
Superintendents across Waukesha County held a conference call Friday afternoon where they determined schools would close on Monday.
Initially, a Sunday evening conference call was scheduled but it was moved up after Milwaukee Public Schools canceled school for Monday earlier on Friday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha Police Report: July 31, 2014 issue
- Waukesha man accused of possessing a large amount of child pornography
- Waukesha police respond to couple fighting after an alleged argument over dance music at Salty Toad
- 'Loud political conversation' brings police to Waukesha residence
- Waukesha man accused of child sex assault for groping 12-year-old girls
- Waukesha County Fair's attendance "one of the best" in its history
- The Shoppes at Fox River coming before Waukesha Plan Commission for final approval
- Waukesha South hosting alumni show
- UW-Waukesha presents classy 'Kiss Me, Kate'
- Waukesha Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue