Shortly after longtime Waukesha County Sheriff Dan Trawicki announced plans not to seek re-election next year, two names have surfaced as candidates interested in the position.
Brian Dorow, associate dean at Waukesha County Technical College's Department for Criminal Justice, is interested in the position according to sources. Dorow was a supervisor in the City of Waukesha Police Department.
Sources have also indicated Waukesha County Sheriff Inspector Eric Severson is interested in serving as the county's next sheriff.
Trawicki has served as sheriff for 34 years and said it was just a good time to step down.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Waukesha man accused of suffocating ex-girlfriend twice during dispute
- Brewers' Hank the Dog comes to Waukesha
- Forums for District 97 state assembly race coming up
- Scorpion Trike strikes where it counts for Waukesha design firm
- Weather has slowed down field turf project at schools
- City of Waukesha debates how to fill top-level jobs
- Waukesha teenagers charged with felony counts for recent burglaries on southwest side of city
- Waukesha County Fair Blog: Fair E-tales: Reporter Megan Sukovich highlights the fair's big events
- Candidate forums coming up for District 97 state assembly, Waukesha County Sheriff's races