Shortly after longtime Waukesha County Sheriff Dan Trawicki announced plans not to seek re-election next year, two names have surfaced as candidates interested in the position.
Brian Dorow, associate dean at Waukesha County Technical College's Department for Criminal Justice, is interested in the position according to sources. Dorow was a supervisor in the City of Waukesha Police Department.
Sources have also indicated Waukesha County Sheriff Inspector Eric Severson is interested in serving as the county's next sheriff.
Trawicki has served as sheriff for 34 years and said it was just a good time to step down.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City of Waukesha seeks grant for trail land acquisition
- Montessori School in Waukesha expanding its campus
- Ambulance fees increasing by 5 percent in the city of Waukesha
- Xperience Fitness, Dollar Tree already committed to old Kmart site
- Waukesha Slender Man stabbing suspects both found competent to proceed
- Site of former Kmart in Waukesha on Sunset Drive will be redeveloped
- New Salvation Army officers learning Waukesha
- Waukesha Slender Man stabbing suspects returning to court for competency hearings
- Waukesha Plan Commission shops for better plan for vacant Kmart
- Waukesha Police Report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue