Shortly after longtime Waukesha County Sheriff Dan Trawicki announced plans not to seek re-election next year, two names have surfaced as candidates interested in the position.
Brian Dorow, associate dean at Waukesha County Technical College's Department for Criminal Justice, is interested in the position according to sources. Dorow was a supervisor in the City of Waukesha Police Department.
Sources have also indicated Waukesha County Sheriff Inspector Eric Severson is interested in serving as the county's next sheriff.
Trawicki has served as sheriff for 34 years and said it was just a good time to step down.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West looks to make comeback
- Waukesha County Executive Dan Vrakas diagnosed with prostate cancer
- Water, video conferences at issue
- Funeral Services 03/13/14
- Blessings in a Backpack Waukesha County program growing in many ways
- In Service 03/13/14
- Balance of power hangs on town election
- Waukesha DNR employee charged in $12,500 theft
- District 13 friends squaring off in aldermanic election
- Waukesha teen charged with selling handgun to minor