Waukesha man sentenced to four years prison for delivering narcotics
Man, 40, initially implicated in woman's drug overdose death
Abrian E. Kane, accused last May of providing the heroin that killed 40-year-old Theresa Wamser, was sentenced last week to four years prison and two years extended supervision.
Kane was initially charged on May 30 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with reckless homicide by delivery of drugs, but pleaded no contest in November to the lesser offense of delivering narcotics. Kane, who was being held on a $20,000 cash bond, has already served 180 days of his sentence.
According to the criminal complaint, officers from the Waukesha City Police Department were dispatched to an apartment at 1710 Elder St. on the morning of April 26, 2012 after receiving reports of a possible overdose. Wamser was found by police dead on the bathroom floor with a pillow under her head, the complaint states.
A 41-year-old roommate told police in the complaint that Kane had come over the night before and was playing cribbage with Wamser. He said that Kane had allegedly given a small amount of heroin to Wamser before leaving. He later found Wamser “nodded out” next to a syringe in the bathroom, he said in the complaint.
Kane denied providing heroin to Wamser, saying that Wamser might have stolen some off of the table when he went to use the bathroom, the complaint states.
Kane was ordered to pay $3,778 in restitution as a condition of release on extended supervision.
- Waukesha panel delays decision on proposed development at Gasthaus site
- Waukesha News Briefs: May 5, 2016 issue
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Choral concert, art crawl and more
- Waukesha police report: May 5, 2016 issue
- WWII veteran Alvin Kind receives honorary high school diploma
- Just kids from Waukesha County: Joe Schobert, Derek Watt make history in 2016 NFL Draft (1)
- Service area reduced for Waukesha's water diversion application
- Summit View celebrates Penny Kroening's Teacher of the Year honors
- Prison for Waukesha man who groped teenage girl, then threatened her
- Getaway driver gets eight years in prison for role in Waukesha gas station homicide