Waukesha - Waukesha County Sheriff's Department second-in-command, Eric Severson, declared his candidacy for Sheriff Monday afternoon.
"I am excited to announce that I am a Republican candidate for the office of Sheriff of Waukesha County. Serving in Waukesha County law enforcement for the past 27 years has been an honor and responsibility that I have taken very seriously," he said in a campaign announcement sent Monday afternoon.
The announcement also listed endorsements from current Sheriff, Dan Trawicki, who announced last week he will not seek reelection in 2015. He also listed endorsements from several area police chiefs and Waukesha County District Attorney Brad Schimel.
"With nearly three decades of law enforcement service, I feel I have prepared myself for this next challenge. I am committed to continue my dedication to the citizens of Waukesha County and look forward to serving as the next Sheriff," Severson wrote.
His announcement comes a few days after Brian Dorow, Dean of Waukesha County Technical College's Department of Criminal Justice, said he's considering running for the position. Dorow has not made an official announcement yet.
Read more about Trawicki's career and retirement announcement here.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New downtown apartment complex part of plan to save Waukesha County Museum
- Waukesha police investigating death of man found on sidewalk
- Waukesha police arrest Associated Bank armed robbery suspects
- Waukesha County Board gives staff go-ahead to seek redevelopment proposals on old HHS building
- Waukesha man allegedly involved in shooting incident gets reduced bail
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Home improvement show, pancake fest and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Feb. 26, 2015 issue
- Two masked men rob Associated Bank in Waukesha at gunpoint
- Another wine bar could be coming to downtown Waukesha
- Darrin Malone, final suspect in Waukesha gas station homicide, arrested in Milwaukee