Waukesha - Waukesha County Sheriff's Department second-in-command, Eric Severson, declared his candidacy for Sheriff Monday afternoon.
"I am excited to announce that I am a Republican candidate for the office of Sheriff of Waukesha County. Serving in Waukesha County law enforcement for the past 27 years has been an honor and responsibility that I have taken very seriously," he said in a campaign announcement sent Monday afternoon.
The announcement also listed endorsements from current Sheriff, Dan Trawicki, who announced last week he will not seek reelection in 2015. He also listed endorsements from several area police chiefs and Waukesha County District Attorney Brad Schimel.
"With nearly three decades of law enforcement service, I feel I have prepared myself for this next challenge. I am committed to continue my dedication to the citizens of Waukesha County and look forward to serving as the next Sheriff," Severson wrote.
His announcement comes a few days after Brian Dorow, Dean of Waukesha County Technical College's Department of Criminal Justice, said he's considering running for the position. Dorow has not made an official announcement yet.
Read more about Trawicki's career and retirement announcement here.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Former sheriff's lieutenant gets jail time, probation
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Art crawl, awards lunch, health clinics and more
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Waukesha man accused of delivering drugs that caused overdose death
- Waukesha Police Report: Oct. 2, 2014 issue
- Waukesha lists curbside pickup and drop-off center times for leaves
- Spooky, isn't it: Halloween season kicks in Waukesha with Wisconsin Feargrounds
- Waukesha County budget avoids adding to tax bill
- Chinese restaurant owner brings new life to Waukesha shopping center
- Funding may now be a thing of the past for Waukesha County Museum