An internal malfunction at a Waukesha industrial building caused a fire Monday night at the Reintjcs facility, 305 Travis Lane.
The Fire Department was called to the scene after an employee saw flames coming from an oil bath operation just after 8:45 p.m.
The department found "a working fire with heavy smoke conditions" when it arrived, according to a news release from Battalion Chief Joe Hoffman. The plant was evacuated and all personnel were accounted for, he said.
"Fire crews made an aggressive attack on the fire to knock down the main body of (the) fire while limiting damage to the myriad of operations and processes in the facility," Hoffman said.
Crews from three fire stations quickly brought the fire under control to limit damage to a small area of the facility, Hoffman said.
However, he said there was some minor smoke damage to the structure.
Hoffman said an employee was working with cooling parts in an oil bath when there was a malfunction in the operation that caused flames and heavy smoke to come from the oil bath.
Workers were allowed to return to work in unaffected areas, Hoffman said.
Hoffman said the City of Waukesha's Police and Fire Investigators are still determining the cause of the malfunction.
He added the facility is still verifying the extent of the damage and a cost estimate of the damages is also unknown.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Muskego man receives 25-year prison sentence for sexually assaulting Waukesha girl
- Waukesha woman gets 45 years for killing toddler (1)
- Waukesha County Executive Paul Farrow holding Twitter Town Hall meeting
- Editorial: Farewell to Olson's Ace Hardware, a downtown Waukesha landmark
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Art crawl, Bluesfest, Night Out
- Waukesha Police Report: July 30, 2015 issue
- Waukesha's garbage and recycling rules get updated
- Ace will no longer be the place in downtown Waukesha (1)
- Waukesha pastor charged with first-degree sexual assault of a child (1)
- Surveys add to Waukesha alderman's web of public interaction