While the Waukesha School District said on Sunday that schools could be open on Monday, it decided early Monday morning that its schools would be closed today.
The district also announced that its schools are closed Tuesday due to the dangerously-cold temperatures and wind chills.
The district will have to make up both days at a later date this school year. It already has to make up one of the days that were canceled earlier this month due to the cold.
A wind chill advisory is in effect until 9 p.m. Monday, according to the National Weather Service. A wind chill warning then goes into effect until noon Tuesday in Waukesha.
The cold weather has also forced the Waukesha Parks, Recreation and Forestry Department to cancel all day and evening classes/activities on Monday.
- 2016 Waukesha County Fair coverage
- Our Fair Ladies Blog: Video: Crafting and animal races at the Waukesha County Fair
- Outstanding fees could prevent students from graduation ceremonies
- Studio time gives students opportunity to create
- Stay cool at Hebron House and Jeremy Safe Haven
- Waukesha Salvation Army offering cool place to stay in light of impending heat wave
- Crest owner brings Irish flavor to new venture in downtown Waukesha
- Funeral Services: July 21, 2016 issue
- Complaint: Waukesha woman, drunk, grabbed gun following phone dispute
- Waukesha police report: July 21, 2016 issue