While the Waukesha School District said on Sunday that schools could be open on Monday, it decided early Monday morning that its schools would be closed today.
The district also announced that its schools are closed Tuesday due to the dangerously-cold temperatures and wind chills.
The district will have to make up both days at a later date this school year. It already has to make up one of the days that were canceled earlier this month due to the cold.
A wind chill advisory is in effect until 9 p.m. Monday, according to the National Weather Service. A wind chill warning then goes into effect until noon Tuesday in Waukesha.
The cold weather has also forced the Waukesha Parks, Recreation and Forestry Department to cancel all day and evening classes/activities on Monday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New downtown apartment complex part of plan to save Waukesha County Museum
- Waukesha police investigating death of man found on sidewalk
- Waukesha police arrest Associated Bank armed robbery suspects
- Waukesha County Board approves resolution for staff to seek redevelopment proposals on former HHS building
- Waukesha man allegedly involved in shooting incident gets reduced bail
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Home improvement show, pancake fest and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Feb. 26, 2015 issue
- Two masked men rob Associated Bank in Waukesha at gunpoint
- Another wine bar could be coming to downtown Waukesha
- Darrin Malone, final suspect in Waukesha gas station homicide, arrested in Milwaukee