While the Waukesha School District said on Sunday that schools could be open on Monday, it decided early Monday morning that its schools would be closed today.
The district also announced that its schools are closed Tuesday due to the dangerously-cold temperatures and wind chills.
The district will have to make up both days at a later date this school year. It already has to make up one of the days that were canceled earlier this month due to the cold.
A wind chill advisory is in effect until 9 p.m. Monday, according to the National Weather Service. A wind chill warning then goes into effect until noon Tuesday in Waukesha.
The cold weather has also forced the Waukesha Parks, Recreation and Forestry Department to cancel all day and evening classes/activities on Monday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha County Fair's attendance "one of the best" in its history
- The Shoppes at Fox River coming before Waukesha Plan Commission for final approval
- Waukesha South hosting alumni show
- UW-Waukesha presents classy 'Kiss Me, Kate'
- Waukesha Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Waukesha man accused of suffocating ex-girlfriend twice during dispute
- Brewers' Hank the Dog coming to Waukesha
- Forums for District 97 state assembly race coming up
- Scorpion Trike strikes where it counts for Waukesha design firm
- Weather has slowed down field turf project at Waukesha schools