While the Waukesha School District said on Sunday that schools could be open on Monday, it decided early Monday morning that its schools would be closed today.
The district also announced that its schools are closed Tuesday due to the dangerously-cold temperatures and wind chills.
The district will have to make up both days at a later date this school year. It already has to make up one of the days that were canceled earlier this month due to the cold.
A wind chill advisory is in effect until 9 p.m. Monday, according to the National Weather Service. A wind chill warning then goes into effect until noon Tuesday in Waukesha.
The cold weather has also forced the Waukesha Parks, Recreation and Forestry Department to cancel all day and evening classes/activities on Monday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha man, previously charged for child porn, now accused of groping child
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Book signing, BluesFest and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Aug. 6, 2015 issue
- Waukesha judge set to make ruling on Slender Man stabbing transfer
- Waukesha police stay within patrol budget this time
- Waukesha's fire department will likely exceed its overtime budget again
- Wind-driven fire destroys Waukesha duplex
- Waukesha County Museum plan awaits historic step
- Art crawl taking place Saturday in downtown Waukesha
- Muskego man receives 25-year sentence for sexually assaulting Waukesha girl