President Barack Obama coming to Waukesha business on Thursday
Scrima declined invite by White House staff
Two days after delivering his State of the Union address, President Barack Obama will be in Waukesha.
Obama will speak on the economy at 10 a.m. at General Electric's Waukesha Gas Engines facility, 1101 W. St. Paul Ave.
Waukesha Mayor Jeff Scrima was invited to the event by White House staff but has declined to attend.
"Although I’ve assisted our local businesses in adding a record number of over 700 new family-supporting jobs to Waukesha during the last four years, because the position of mayor ought to be non-partisan, I will be passing on this visit from Washington," Scrima said.
Along with his stop in Waukesha, Obama will visit a few other cities across the country in the days after his State of the Union address.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City of Waukesha recommending sober server ordinance
- Kwik Trip being proposed for city of Waukesha's northwest side
- Waukesha School Board candidates discuss Common Core, teacher compensation
- The Steaming Cup owners looking to sell downtown coffee shop
- Waukesha man charged for allegedly soliciting illegal sexual encounter
- Oconomowoc man allegedly caught in Waukesha store bathroom with heroin
- Waukesha bicycle shop Cyclesmith closes its doors
- Waukesha Community Briefs: 'Dead Man's Cell Phone,' 'Messiah' performance and more
- Waukesha Police Report: March 26, 2015 issue
- Facial tattoo helps Waukesha police bust armed robbery suspect