President Barack Obama coming to Waukesha business on Thursday
Scrima declined invite by White House staff
Two days after delivering his State of the Union address, President Barack Obama will be in Waukesha.
Obama will speak on the economy at 10 a.m. at General Electric's Waukesha Gas Engines facility, 1101 W. St. Paul Ave.
Waukesha Mayor Jeff Scrima was invited to the event by White House staff but has declined to attend.
"Although I’ve assisted our local businesses in adding a record number of over 700 new family-supporting jobs to Waukesha during the last four years, because the position of mayor ought to be non-partisan, I will be passing on this visit from Washington," Scrima said.
Along with his stop in Waukesha, Obama will visit a few other cities across the country in the days after his State of the Union address.
- 2016 Waukesha County Fair coverage
- Our Fair Ladies Blog: Video: Crafting and animal races at the Waukesha County Fair
- Outstanding fees could prevent students from graduation ceremonies
- Studio time gives students opportunity to create
- Stay cool at Hebron House and Jeremy Safe Haven
- Waukesha Salvation Army offering cool place to stay in light of impending heat wave
- Crest owner brings Irish flavor to new venture in downtown Waukesha
- Funeral Services: July 21, 2016 issue
- Complaint: Waukesha woman, drunk, grabbed gun following phone dispute
- Waukesha police report: July 21, 2016 issue