President Barack Obama coming to Waukesha business on Thursday
Scrima declined invite by White House staff
Two days after delivering his State of the Union address, President Barack Obama will be in Waukesha.
Obama will speak on the economy at 10 a.m. at General Electric's Waukesha Gas Engines facility, 1101 W. St. Paul Ave.
Waukesha Mayor Jeff Scrima was invited to the event by White House staff but has declined to attend.
"Although I’ve assisted our local businesses in adding a record number of over 700 new family-supporting jobs to Waukesha during the last four years, because the position of mayor ought to be non-partisan, I will be passing on this visit from Washington," Scrima said.
Along with his stop in Waukesha, Obama will visit a few other cities across the country in the days after his State of the Union address.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha man accused of downloading pornographic pictures of children
- Waukesha Police Report: Sept. 25, 2014 issue
- ProHealth lists Waukesha flu shot schedule
- City Administrator Ed Henschel says Waukesha is 'severely constrained' in 2015 budget
- Waukesha charter schools 'significantly exceeds expectations' on DPI's report cards
- Tree-lighting ceremony switch causing friction in downtown Waukesha
- Construction continues on the road to completion in Waukesha
- Top five picks for this weekend in Waukesha
- Waukesha County detective Peter Korns charged for domestic-related incident
- 'Suspicious' Halloween decoration turns out to be mannequin in a tree