Waukesha woman accused of child sex assault
Complaint: She had sex with 15-year-old boy
A 23-year-old Waukesha woman was charged on Jan. 9 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with child sex assault, allegedly having sexual intercourse with a 15-year-old boy last winter.
The woman, whose name is being withheld to protect the victim's identity, could face up to 40 years in prison and $100,000 in fines if convicted.
According to the criminal complaint, the boy's mother reported the incident to the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department on Jan. 8.
She told police in the complaint that she had found out about the incident through a text message and her son had confirmed it. She said that the woman was a friend who had lived with the family shortly before the alleged assault.
The boy was interviewed by detectives and said that he had vaginal intercourse in February with the woman while his parents were out of town. He said that they had sex several times after that, but stopped in September after he got a girlfriend.
The woman admitted to having sex with the boy in a statement to police, according to the complaint.
She was released on a $500 cash bond and a $2,000 signature bond. She was ordered to have no contact with the family or any minor children.
The woman pleaded not guilty at a preliminary hearing on Friday, Jan. 24.
She is next expected in court on March 3.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha woman given probation for selling drugs from home
- Woman drives vehicle into Fox River in downtown Waukesha
- Waukesha Police Report: Dec. 3, 2015 issue
- Waukesha NOW wedding announcements: Mulrooney-Bunker, Wiernik-Meyer
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Pecans for sale, dog bucket list and more
- Waukesha News Briefs: Nov. 26, 2015
- Waukesha residents on average will pay $14 less on city portion of tax bill
- Waukesha Police Report: Nov. 26, 2015 issue
- Waukesha Town Board puts Marek housing development plan on hold
- Downtown Waukesha glows under LED snowflakes