Waukesha woman accused of child sex assault
Complaint: She had sex with 15-year-old boy
A 23-year-old Waukesha woman was charged on Jan. 9 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with child sex assault, allegedly having sexual intercourse with a 15-year-old boy last winter.
The woman, whose name is being withheld to protect the victim's identity, could face up to 40 years in prison and $100,000 in fines if convicted.
According to the criminal complaint, the boy's mother reported the incident to the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department on Jan. 8.
She told police in the complaint that she had found out about the incident through a text message and her son had confirmed it. She said that the woman was a friend who had lived with the family shortly before the alleged assault.
The boy was interviewed by detectives and said that he had vaginal intercourse in February with the woman while his parents were out of town. He said that they had sex several times after that, but stopped in September after he got a girlfriend.
The woman admitted to having sex with the boy in a statement to police, according to the complaint.
She was released on a $500 cash bond and a $2,000 signature bond. She was ordered to have no contact with the family or any minor children.
The woman pleaded not guilty at a preliminary hearing on Friday, Jan. 24.
She is next expected in court on March 3.
- Funeral services: May 26, 2016 issue
- Ex-Waukesha man accused of reckless homicide in heroin overdose death
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Lion King, gallery art and more
- Blair Innovation Flair creates challenges for all to share
- Construction won't stop Waukesha's annual Memorial Day festivities
- Waukesha police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- Greats Lakes panel approves Waukesha water application with conditions
- Q&A with Jody Landish, Waukesha schools' new assistant superintendent
- Construction cuts into major roadways in Waukesha this year
- Man flown to hospital after attempted suicide in Waukesha