The frigid winter and regular snowfall in Waukesha did not alter Gary Beres' timeline for the opening of Culver's.
The new restaurant, at 1650 E. Main St. on the city's northeast side, is opening today.
"We anticipated the end of January and everything stayed right on schedule," said Beres, who owns this Culver's as well as the one at 840 W. Sunset Drive in Waukesha.
Beres said typically the 4,500-square-foot Culver's restaurants can be built in 90 days. With construction starting at the end of October, his crew met their goal.
"We have some experienced contractors," Beres said.
With the opening, the Culver's at 1720 Highway 164 that is sandwiched between two car dealerships closed on Sunday. Beres said Culver's is salvaging some of the registers and cameras from the old restaurant, but everything else is new.
Beres said the move onto one of the Woodman's Food Market outlots was made for better exposure along Highway 164 and to build a newer model. The old Culver's has been at its location for 15 years and was almost hidden by those dealerships.
Besides Culver's, a Waukesha State Bank will be built just south of Culver's at 1640 E. Main St., also along Highway 164. It will be the second retail/business approved for the Woodman's property.
Construction hasn't started yet for the bank.
City of Waukesha Planner Jennifer Andrews said the 34-acre property can fit up to eight outlots.
After the city approved the new Culver's, it approved a request for Wilde Subaru, 1710 Highway 164, to expand by 10.78 acres into the old Culver's lot.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Kicker's Pub & Grub owner flees from man with a gun after closing
- Cuddles shop in downtown Waukesha closing its doors
- Waukesha County Executive Dan Vrakas holding virtual Town Hall meeting on Twitter
- Storms do damage once again in Waukesha
- Driving lesson in Waukesha's Prairie Home Cemetery results in police call
- Ideal weather helps boost Waukesha County Fair attendance
- Waukesha stabbing victim receives military Purple Heart
- Shoppes at Fox River gets final approval from Waukesha Plan Commission
- City of Waukesha will have new system for garbage, recycling pickup in 2015
- Two more Waukesha-area forums focus on District 97 state race