Waukesha police are investigating a shooting that occurred on the 2100 block of Kensington Drive at 4 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 5.
According to a news release, witnesses reported that the suspect shot at a vehicle occupied by two adult victims and is believed to have fled on foot.
The victims were uninjured and fled the scene, but were later located by police.
According to the dispatch log, police called in an armored truck and K9 unit to search a nearby apartment complex, but the suspect was not located.
Preliminary reports indicate the shooter and victims knew each other, the release states.
Lt. Joe Hendricks said the investigation is ongoing and investigators are actively following leads.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha County Fair's attendance "one of the best" in its history
- The Shoppes at Fox River coming before Waukesha Plan Commission for final approval
- Waukesha South hosting alumni show
- UW-Waukesha presents classy 'Kiss Me, Kate'
- Waukesha Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Waukesha man accused of suffocating ex-girlfriend twice during dispute
- Brewers' Hank the Dog coming to Waukesha
- Forums for District 97 state assembly race coming up
- Scorpion Trike strikes where it counts for Waukesha design firm
- Weather has slowed down field turf project at Waukesha schools