Waukesha police are investigating a shooting that occurred on the 2100 block of Kensington Drive at 4 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 5.
According to a news release, witnesses reported that the suspect shot at a vehicle occupied by two adult victims and is believed to have fled on foot.
The victims were uninjured and fled the scene, but were later located by police.
According to the dispatch log, police called in an armored truck and K9 unit to search a nearby apartment complex, but the suspect was not located.
Preliminary reports indicate the shooter and victims knew each other, the release states.
Lt. Joe Hendricks said the investigation is ongoing and investigators are actively following leads.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha domestic violence investigation turns out to be consensual "rough sex'"
- Waukesha NOW wins four awards in Wisconsin Newspaper Awards contest
- Park approved for River Hills neighborhood on city's southwest side
- Teen charged with selling handgun to minor
- Waukesha DNR employee charged with stealing cash, trail passes
- Waukesha mayoral candidates at odds over city issues
- Town of Waukesha candidate forum still scheduled despite two not attending
- Police Report: March 6
- Expansion at Eaton Cooper Power will create 200 jobs
- Audit questions Waukesha County Museum's future