Waukesha police are investigating a shooting that occurred on the 2100 block of Kensington Drive at 4 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 5.
According to a news release, witnesses reported that the suspect shot at a vehicle occupied by two adult victims and is believed to have fled on foot.
The victims were uninjured and fled the scene, but were later located by police.
According to the dispatch log, police called in an armored truck and K9 unit to search a nearby apartment complex, but the suspect was not located.
Preliminary reports indicate the shooter and victims knew each other, the release states.
Lt. Joe Hendricks said the investigation is ongoing and investigators are actively following leads.
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Lion King, gallery art and more
- Blair Innovation Flair creates challenges for all to share
- Construction won't stop Waukesha's annual Memorial Day festivities
- Waukesha police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- Greats Lakes panel approves Waukesha water application with conditions
- Q&A with Jody Ladish, Waukesha schools' new assistant superintendent
- Construction cuts into major roadways in Waukesha this year
- Man flown to hospital after attempted suicide in Waukesha
- Sodexo to dismiss 78 employees after losing Waukesha School District contract
- Waukesha decides Gaspar will remain a two-way street