Waukesha police are investigating a shooting that occurred on the 2100 block of Kensington Drive at 4 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 5.
According to a news release, witnesses reported that the suspect shot at a vehicle occupied by two adult victims and is believed to have fled on foot.
The victims were uninjured and fled the scene, but were later located by police.
According to the dispatch log, police called in an armored truck and K9 unit to search a nearby apartment complex, but the suspect was not located.
Preliminary reports indicate the shooter and victims knew each other, the release states.
Lt. Joe Hendricks said the investigation is ongoing and investigators are actively following leads.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Site of former Kmart in Waukesha on Sunset Drive will be redeveloped
- New Salvation Army officers learning Waukesha
- Waukesha Slender Man stabbing suspects returning to court for competency hearings
- Waukesha Plan Commission shops for better plan for vacant Kmart
- Waukesha Police Report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- Fire damages American Auto Body in Waukesha
- Farnsworth breeds 100,000th cow
- Waukesha police looking into leads from armed robbery near Carroll University
- Waukesha STEM students win Young Inventors Challenge at Chicago Toy & Game Fair
- Carroll University student injured in armed robbery near campus (1)