Almost two months after its former clerk-treasurer announced her resignation, the Town of Waukesha has filled the position.
Former Village of Eagle part-time clerk Jeanne O'Brien has replaced Jamie Salentine, who resigned in late 2013.
O'Brien was previously part of a structure in the village that had a part-time clerk and a part-time treasurer.
But the village recently changed its format to combine the positions into a full-time position.
O'Brien joins a Town of Waukesha staff that includes Assistant Clerk-Treasurer Eryn Baudo and Deputy Clerk Molly Roamer.
Filling the clerk-treasurer's position now just leaves one (its auditor) of the three previous vacant positions available.
The town recently filled its attorney position with municipal attorney John Macy after Hector de la Mora and his law firm resigned at the end of 2013.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City of Waukesha seeks grant for trail land acquisition
- Montessori School in Waukesha expanding its campus
- Ambulance fees increasing by 5 percent in the city of Waukesha
- Xperience Fitness, Dollar Tree already committed to old Kmart site
- Waukesha Slender Man stabbing suspects both found competent to proceed
- Site of former Kmart in Waukesha on Sunset Drive will be redeveloped
- New Salvation Army officers learning Waukesha
- Waukesha Slender Man stabbing suspects returning to court for competency hearings
- Waukesha Plan Commission shops for better plan for vacant Kmart
- Waukesha Police Report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue