Almost two months after its former clerk-treasurer announced her resignation, the Town of Waukesha has filled the position.
Former Village of Eagle part-time clerk Jeanne O'Brien has replaced Jamie Salentine, who resigned in late 2013.
O'Brien was previously part of a structure in the village that had a part-time clerk and a part-time treasurer.
But the village recently changed its format to combine the positions into a full-time position.
O'Brien joins a Town of Waukesha staff that includes Assistant Clerk-Treasurer Eryn Baudo and Deputy Clerk Molly Roamer.
Filling the clerk-treasurer's position now just leaves one (its auditor) of the three previous vacant positions available.
The town recently filled its attorney position with municipal attorney John Macy after Hector de la Mora and his law firm resigned at the end of 2013.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Kicker's Pub & Grub owner flees from man with a gun after closing
- Cuddles shop in downtown Waukesha closing its doors
- Waukesha County Executive Dan Vrakas holding virtual Town Hall meeting on Twitter
- Storms do damage once again in Waukesha
- Driving lesson in Waukesha's Prairie Home Cemetery results in police call
- Ideal weather helps boost Waukesha County Fair attendance
- Waukesha stabbing victim receives military Purple Heart
- Shoppes at Fox River gets final approval from Waukesha Plan Commission
- City of Waukesha will have new system for garbage, recycling pickup in 2015
- Two more Waukesha-area forums focus on District 97 state race