The first of a three-phase reconstruction project in downtown Waukesha that will span more than four months begins on Monday.
Clinton Street from West Main Street to West Broadway will be closed through traffic, City of Waukesha Project Engineer Alex Damien said.
Both intersections will not be closed at the same time.
The proposed major changes for the Clinton Street Reconstruction Project include widening the streetscape area by 3.5 feet to 11.5 feet wide on both sides.
The streetscape area will be enhanced with decorative concrete pavers, the south bound direction on Clinton Street will be reduced from two lanes to one, new decorative LED street lights will be installed and trees will be removed and new ones planted with the use of a paver grate system.
Phase 1 of the project goes to the end of April. The West Main Street and West Broadway intersections will be closed at times.
Phase 2 is scheduled from the end of April to May 16, which will close traffic from Wisconsin Avenue to West Broadway. The West Main Street intersection will have temporary short term closures to complete the road reconstruction.
Phase 3 is tentatively scheduled from May 16 to the end of June. It will close traffic on Clinton Street from Wisconsin Avenue to West Main Street.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha man who pointed rifle at police is charged with six felonies
- Waukesha Community Briefs: pet events, Chinese New Year and more
- Mad Rooster Cafe considers former Hardees site in downtown Waukesha
- Catholic Memorial High School's Innovation Wing opens to rave reviews
- Review: WCT's 'Almost, Maine' gets it more than almost right
- Waukesha gas station murder suspect Darrin Malone heads to trial
- Pizza maker and caterer prep new spaces in downtown Waukesha
- Waukesha Police Report: Feb. 11, 2016 issue
- No arrests or citations issued in fatal crash in Waukesha (1)
- Woman hit, killed by car at 164 and Sunset