Waukesha man charged with raping toddler, videotaping act
Is being held on $500,000 cash bail
A 27-year-old Waukesha man is being held on a $500,000 cash bail after being accused of sexually assaulting a toddler and videotaping the act.
The man was charged Tuesday, Feb. 18, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with one count of first-degree child sex assault and 16 counts of possession of child pornography.
He was charged earlier this month with theft in an unrelated incident.
According to the criminal complaint, the man was being investigated by the New Berlin Police Department in connection with that theft.
To further that investigation, officers executed a search warrant on Dec. 18 at the man's residence and seized his cellphone, iPad and a laptop computer.
Officers discovered on the cellphone 14 images and nine videos of suspected child pornography, the complaint states.
Police examined the video files and learned that they were created on Dec. 10 and 17.
The man's girlfriend identified the child in the video as her 1-year-old son and said in the complaint that the child was in the man's care on the dates in question.
The complaint states that police observed that the man in the video had a tattoo similar to the man's and the video appeared to be recorded in his bedroom.
He could effectively face life in prison and $1.6 million in fines.
He is expected to appear at a preliminary hearing on March 6.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Man rescued from Dunkin' Donuts Dumpster after falling in while looking for wife's dentures
- Waukesha man accused of repeatedly assaulting 12-year-old boy
- Disgraced former Waukesha County sheriff's lieutenant gets jail time, probation
- Former sheriff's lieutenant gets jail time, probation
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Art crawl, awards lunch, health clinics and more
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Waukesha man accused of delivering drugs that caused overdose death
- Waukesha Police Report: Oct. 2, 2014 issue
- Waukesha lists curbside pickup and drop-off center times for leaves
- Spooky, isn't it: Halloween season kicks in Waukesha with Wisconsin Feargrounds