There's a dead-end road near the new Woodman's that just begs for an answer to the question: Are there plans for the private road ever be connected to Les Paul Parkway?
In a word, no, said James Hyland, vice president of investor relations and corporate communications for Milwaukee-based Roundy's.
The indiscriminate road, near 1650 E. Main St., is owned by Roundy's Inc., management company for the Pick 'n Save chain of grocery stores. There is a Pick 'n Save adjacent to Woodman's Food Market.
Pick 'n Save can't build on the property even if it wanted to, Hyland said, because the company "does not control or own any of the property south of the private drive," Hyland said.
However, Woodman's is eager to get its hands on the dead-end road.
The Janesville-based supermarket has been trying to get ownership of the private drive from Roundy's since Woodman's purchased the site in 2012, according to a Woodman's representative.
The company would like to do something with the road that currently leads to nowhere, the representative said, but it has been unable to obtain the road from its competitor.
For its part, the City of Waukesha doesn't plan to do anything with the road either, because it's private property, said City Planner Jennifer Andrews.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Farmers Market, cancer walk highlight downtown events
- Waukesha will honor Les Paul's 100th birthday with many events
- Germantown Fire Department, Red Cross provide free smoke detectors following fatal fire
- Waukesha's water application still flowing uphill
- Controlled DNR burn going on in Waukesha County's Vernon Marsh
- Wife of former Waukesha detective pleads guilty to several offenses
- Morgan Geyser's mental health status becomes focal point of case
- Expenses adding up as seized chinchillas remain at Waukesha animal shelter (4)
- Update: Waukesha police investigating large grass fire along Fox River Parkway
- Paul Farrow will kick off tree planting program at Moor Downs Golf Course on Arbor Day