Waukesha man who suffered burns from Feb. 14 house fire dies
Had been charged with secretly recording female swim school locker room
The man who was burned in a Waukesha house fire a couple weeks ago has died, Fire Marshal Brian Charlesworth said in a news release Thursday morning.
The release said that City of Waukesha Fire and Police departments were notified Wednesday by staff of the St. Mary's Burn Center in Milwaukee of Michael Coyle's death.
The Medical Examiner's Office will be conducting an examination to determine the cause of death, Charlesworth said.
Coyle, the Waukesha man who was charged with secretly recording two females undressing in the staff bathroom at the Swimtastic Swim School last October, had second-and third-degree burns over 90 percent of his body after a fire broke out Feb. 14 in an attached two-car garage in a single-family residence at 1007 Motor Ave.
He was listed in "grave condition" upon being transported to the burn center.
A search warrant the next day, however, called the fire "suspicious" as the investigation turned up blood splatters, fire-damaged clothing in the living room and a burned area in the bathroom area, a "considerable distance" from where the fire originated in the garage.
Charlesworth said the fire investigation is still ongoing.
Coyle had a plea and sentencing hearing scheduled for March 19 on two felony counts of capturing an image of nudity without consent, one count of possessing marijuana and one count of possessing drug paraphernalia.
According to the criminal complaint, Coyle admitted in a statement he had secretly recorded the women's locker room at Swimtastic, where he worked as a part-time children's swim instructor, a few years ago.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha pools closing for the season
- Waukesha woman accused of striking children, husband after night of drinking
- It was a twister in Waukesha, after all, National Weather Service says (1)
- Waukesha's La Casa de Esperanza opens its new charter school
- Trial date set in Slender Man case in Waukesha (1)
- Waukesha Community Briefs: HAWS collection drive, Dialogue Initiative and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- Waukesha Catholic schools make a welcoming Choice in revised voucher program
- Homeless Waukesha man charged with battering woman (2)
- Waukesha again seeks public's assistance in funding downtown holiday lights