Town of Waukesha candidate forum still scheduled despite two not attending
Radke, Doerr won't participate
A forum with the candidates in the two Town of Waukesha supervisors elections will be from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Monday at Town Hall, W250 S3567 Center Road.
However, two of the candidates have declined to attend.
The forum was supposed to feature candidates for the Supervisor 1 and 3 seats.
But one candidate in each race has stated that they will not participate in the forum.
Jim Radke, seeking the Supervisor 1 seat, and Michael Doerr, seeking the Supervisor 3 seat, have both said they won't attend.
Radke is facing incumbent Joe Banske, while Doerr is facing management consulting firm owner and former Town of Waukesha Chairwoman Angie E. Van Scyoc in the April 1 general election.
Van Scyoc said Friday she hoped that the two would reconsider by Monday night as she and Banske are still both planning on being there to answer questions.
A representative from the League of Women Voters will moderate the forum for now just Banske and Van Scyoc.
- Waukesha panel delays decision on proposed development at Gasthaus site
- Waukesha News Briefs: May 5, 2016 issue
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Choral concert, art crawl and more
- Waukesha police report: May 5, 2016 issue
- WWII veteran Alvin Kind receives honorary high school diploma
- Just kids from Waukesha County: Joe Schobert, Derek Watt make history in 2016 NFL Draft (1)
- Service area reduced for Waukesha's water diversion application
- Summit View celebrates Penny Kroening's Teacher of the Year honors
- Prison for Waukesha man who groped teenage girl, then threatened her
- Getaway driver gets eight years in prison for role in Waukesha gas station homicide