Woman dies after vehicle strikes tree in Town of Waukesha
Incident was on Merrill Hills Road
A 37-year-old woman from Helenville died after her vehicle hit a tree in an early-morning crash in the Town of Waukesha.
The crash occurred at 12:15 a.m. Wednesday when the woman's vehicle hit the tree head-on on Merrill Hills Road, south of Kame Terrace.
According to Lt. Bryan Ulm of the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department, the car had severe front-end damage and the lone occupant was found unresponsive and trapped in the car.
She was pronounced dead at the scene, Ulm said in a news release.
The initial investigation indicates the car was traveling northbound on Merrill Hills Road and after cresting a hill, it appears the driver failed to negotiate the slight right curve and crossed the southbound lane, left the roadway and struck the large tree, Ulm said in a news release.
"It is unknown at this point if there were any other contributing factors to the crash," said Ulm, adding the crash remains under investigation by the Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Plowshare's latest fall fashion show in Waukesha goes decisively global
- Town of Waukesha Fire Department hosting open house, pancake breakfast
- Former Waukesha pastor charged with sexual assault pleads not guilty
- Two suspects broke into Tobacco Outlet Plus this week in Waukesha
- District: 'inappropriate image wasn't taken with school iPad,' but police say device part of investigation
- Sex assault charges the latest filed against Hartland man
- Lowell Elementary School goes on lockdown after intruder assaults three people
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Montessori gala, art displays and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Oct. 1, 2015 issue
- Waukesha Reads program is under way