Woman dies after vehicle strikes tree in Town of Waukesha
Incident was on Merrill Hills Road
A 37-year-old woman from Helenville died after her vehicle hit a tree in an early-morning crash in the Town of Waukesha.
The crash occurred at 12:15 a.m. Wednesday when the woman's vehicle hit the tree head-on on Merrill Hills Road, south of Kame Terrace.
According to Lt. Bryan Ulm of the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department, the car had severe front-end damage and the lone occupant was found unresponsive and trapped in the car.
She was pronounced dead at the scene, Ulm said in a news release.
The initial investigation indicates the car was traveling northbound on Merrill Hills Road and after cresting a hill, it appears the driver failed to negotiate the slight right curve and crossed the southbound lane, left the roadway and struck the large tree, Ulm said in a news release.
"It is unknown at this point if there were any other contributing factors to the crash," said Ulm, adding the crash remains under investigation by the Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cuddles shop in downtown Waukesha closing its doors
- Waukesha County Executive Dan Vrakas holding virtual Town Hall meeting on Twitter
- Storms do damage once again in Waukesha
- Driving lesson in Waukesha's Prairie Home Cemetery results in police call
- Ideal weather helps boost Waukesha County Fair attendance
- Waukesha stabbing victim receives military Purple Heart
- Shoppes at Fox River gets final approval from Waukesha Plan Commission
- City of Waukesha will have new system for garbage, recycling pickup in 2015
- Two more Waukesha-area forums focus on District 97 state race
- Community briefs: July 31, 2014 issue