Woman dies after vehicle strikes tree in Town of Waukesha
Incident was on Merrill Hills Road
A 37-year-old woman from Helenville died after her vehicle hit a tree in an early-morning crash in the Town of Waukesha.
The crash occurred at 12:15 a.m. Wednesday when the woman's vehicle hit the tree head-on on Merrill Hills Road, south of Kame Terrace.
According to Lt. Bryan Ulm of the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department, the car had severe front-end damage and the lone occupant was found unresponsive and trapped in the car.
She was pronounced dead at the scene, Ulm said in a news release.
The initial investigation indicates the car was traveling northbound on Merrill Hills Road and after cresting a hill, it appears the driver failed to negotiate the slight right curve and crossed the southbound lane, left the roadway and struck the large tree, Ulm said in a news release.
"It is unknown at this point if there were any other contributing factors to the crash," said Ulm, adding the crash remains under investigation by the Waukesha County Sheriff’s Department.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Blodgett story told, Mother of All Art Crawls and more
- Waukesha Police Report: April 30, 2015 issue
- Waukesha woman allowed contact with teen daughter in child abuse case
- Waukesha police investigating large grass fire
- Waukesha's annual brush pickup begins May 4
- Farmers Market, cancer walk highlight downtown events
- Waukesha will honor Les Paul's 100th birthday with many events
- Germantown Fire Department, Red Cross provide free smoke detectors following fatal fire
- Waukesha's water application still flowing uphill
- Controlled DNR burn going on in Waukesha County's Vernon Marsh