A 37-year-old Helenville woman died after her vehicle hit a tree in an early-morning crash last week in the Town of Waukesha.
The crash occurred at 12:15 a.m. March 26 when the woman's vehicle hit the tree head-on on Merrill Hills Road, south of Kame Terrace.
According to Lt. Bryan Ulm of the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department, the car had severe front-end damage, and the driver, the lone occupant, was found unresponsive and trapped in the car.
She was pronounced dead at the scene, Ulm said in a news release.
The initial investigation indicates the car was traveling northbound on Merrill Hills Road and after cresting a hill, it appears the driver failed to negotiate the slight right curve and crossed the southbound lane, left the roadway and struck the large tree, Ulm said.
The crash remains under investigation by the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department.
- Waukesha Farmers Market set to kickoff 2016 season May 7
- Funeral Services: April 28, 2016 issue
- Longtime local criminal Julio Alvarez gets prison for robbing Waukesha gas station (1)
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Healthy kids, Arbor Day and more
- Waukesha police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- Proposed strip mall, eatery could replace Gasthaus restaurant
- Proposed apartment project for Waukesha County Museum remains stalled
- Waukesha School District names new principals at four schools
- Man sentenced to prison for role in Waukesha gas station homicide (2)
- Catholic Memorial High School donates $13,000 to Camp Hometown Heroes