Waukesha man accused of stealing phone at baby shower
He is sought on two separate warrants
A 23-year-old Waukesha man has been accused of stealing a woman's phone outside a baby shower on the 300 block of Jackson Court.
Derrick Jones, 352 Wisconsin Ave. No. 17, was charged Friday, March 21, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with robbery with use of force, a repeater offense.
Jones was previously convicted in 2009 of throwing bodily substances while imprisoned, for which he was sentenced to 30 months in prison.
He was charged March 7 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with two counts of child enticement with sexual contact.
He is currently being sought on two separate warrants after failing to make an initial court appearance on Monday, March 31.
According to the criminal complaint, Waukesha Police were dispatched last November to a residence at 357 Jackson Court to investigate a theft complaint.
Lindsay Gerard told investigators that she was attending a baby shower at the residence and had stepped outside to make a phone call. She said Jones came up behind her, called her a snitch and threw her to the ground, the complaint said, adding that he then stole her phone and ran off.
Another man recovered Gerard's phone from Jones, according to the complaint. He told police that Jones had stolen the phone in retaliation for a separate incident.
Jones could face up to 21 years in prison and $50,000 in fines if convicted.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Suspects from Hartland, Oconomowoc charged for their alleged roles in robbery of Waukesha bank
- Sprizzo Gallery Caffé closes in downtown Waukesha
- Senior housing now part of plan for Fox Head Residences in Waukesha
- Waukesha Community Briefs: UW-W drama, Gaelic library events and more
- Waukesha Police Report: March 5, 2015 issue
- Waukesha man accused of sexually assaulting his 17-year-old cousin
- Waukesha man reportedly robbed gas station after 'giving up on life'
- Waukesha woman accused of killing a 2-year-old girl gets trial date
- Attorneys in Slender Man stabbing case make final plea in effort to reclassify offense
- UW-Waukesha's 'Wings' opens Friday