Waukesha man accused of stealing phone at baby shower
He is sought on two separate warrants
A 23-year-old Waukesha man has been accused of stealing a woman's phone outside a baby shower on the 300 block of Jackson Court.
Derrick Jones, 352 Wisconsin Ave. No. 17, was charged Friday, March 21, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with robbery with use of force, a repeater offense.
Jones was previously convicted in 2009 of throwing bodily substances while imprisoned, for which he was sentenced to 30 months in prison.
He was charged March 7 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with two counts of child enticement with sexual contact.
He is currently being sought on two separate warrants after failing to make an initial court appearance on Monday, March 31.
According to the criminal complaint, Waukesha Police were dispatched last November to a residence at 357 Jackson Court to investigate a theft complaint.
Lindsay Gerard told investigators that she was attending a baby shower at the residence and had stepped outside to make a phone call. She said Jones came up behind her, called her a snitch and threw her to the ground, the complaint said, adding that he then stole her phone and ran off.
Another man recovered Gerard's phone from Jones, according to the complaint. He told police that Jones had stolen the phone in retaliation for a separate incident.
Jones could face up to 21 years in prison and $50,000 in fines if convicted.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Journal Sentinel editorial: Maybe city and town of Brookfields should become one, rather than the town becoming a village
- Bedroom fire causes significant damage to Waukesha home
- The Spoon restaurant near downtown Waukesha closed 'until further notice'
- Fire damages home at Wexford Court in Waukesha
- Waukesha man sentenced to prison for his role in 2014 shooting on Kensington Drive
- Taco John's donates 10 percent of sales to family of Saeed Sharwani
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Grocery tips, eco-friendly workshops and more
- Mom bails out son, drives him to ex-girlfriend's house for confrontation (1)
- Waukesha Police Report: Jan. 29, 2015 issue
- Mia Famiglia bringing Sicilian cooking to downtown Waukesha