Waukesha man accused of stealing phone at baby shower
He is sought on two separate warrants
A 23-year-old Waukesha man has been accused of stealing a woman's phone outside a baby shower on the 300 block of Jackson Court.
Derrick Jones, 352 Wisconsin Ave. No. 17, was charged Friday, March 21, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with robbery with use of force, a repeater offense.
Jones was previously convicted in 2009 of throwing bodily substances while imprisoned, for which he was sentenced to 30 months in prison.
He was charged March 7 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with two counts of child enticement with sexual contact.
He is currently being sought on two separate warrants after failing to make an initial court appearance on Monday, March 31.
According to the criminal complaint, Waukesha Police were dispatched last November to a residence at 357 Jackson Court to investigate a theft complaint.
Lindsay Gerard told investigators that she was attending a baby shower at the residence and had stepped outside to make a phone call. She said Jones came up behind her, called her a snitch and threw her to the ground, the complaint said, adding that he then stole her phone and ran off.
Another man recovered Gerard's phone from Jones, according to the complaint. He told police that Jones had stolen the phone in retaliation for a separate incident.
Jones could face up to 21 years in prison and $50,000 in fines if convicted.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Proposed Waukesha County Museum redevelopment plan coming before city panel
- 'Suspicious' fire damages Waukesha home overnight
- Attorney requests Slender Man stabbing suspect Morgan Geyser be moved to treatment facility
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Pet adoption drive, mob boss speaker and more
- Wife granted restraining order against former Waukesha County detective (1)
- Vehicle fire in Waukesha apartment building's underground parking garage creates 'an explosion'
- Former town of Waukesha chairwoman, resident file ethics complaint against chairman (2)
- Waukesha robotics team stays in top gear in regional competition en route to international event
- Waukesha Police Report: April 16, 2015 issue
- Oconomowoc man accused of getting high in store bathroom enters plea