Driver in rollover crash arrested on operating while intoxicated
Vehicle rolled more than 100 feet in a yard
An intoxicated driver was arrested late Wednesday night after his vehicle rolled more than 100 feet in a yard at 10:29 p.m. at 2208 Butler Drive.
When police arrived, the officer found a male driver still trapped in the vehicle but was conscious and alert, Capt. Ron Oremus said.
The Waukesha Fire Department removed the driver and it appeared that he was not injured.
Oremus said the vehicle rolled through a yard and landed on its hood next to the house.
The driver was wearing his seatbelt and airbags were deployed. But the man was arrested for a first offense of operating while intoxicated, Oremus added.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Kicker's Pub & Grub owner flees from man with a gun after closing
- Cuddles shop in downtown Waukesha closing its doors
- Waukesha County Executive Dan Vrakas holding virtual Town Hall meeting on Twitter
- Storms do damage once again in Waukesha
- Driving lesson in Waukesha's Prairie Home Cemetery results in police call
- Ideal weather helps boost Waukesha County Fair attendance
- Waukesha stabbing victim receives military Purple Heart
- Shoppes at Fox River gets final approval from Waukesha Plan Commission
- City of Waukesha will have new system for garbage, recycling pickup in 2015
- Two more Waukesha-area forums focus on District 97 state race