Driver in rollover crash arrested on operating while intoxicated
Vehicle rolled more than 100 feet in a yard
An intoxicated driver was arrested late Wednesday night after his vehicle rolled more than 100 feet in a yard at 10:29 p.m. at 2208 Butler Drive.
When police arrived, the officer found a male driver still trapped in the vehicle but was conscious and alert, Capt. Ron Oremus said.
The Waukesha Fire Department removed the driver and it appeared that he was not injured.
Oremus said the vehicle rolled through a yard and landed on its hood next to the house.
The driver was wearing his seatbelt and airbags were deployed. But the man was arrested for a first offense of operating while intoxicated, Oremus added.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Young Waukesha South photographer's work rises to award-level results
- Man robs Tri City National Bank at gunpoint in Waukesha
- HAWS will begin adopting out hundreds of seized chinchillas in Waukesha
- Medical experts say Anissa Weier should be transferred to juvenile court system
- Psychologist: Anissa Weier was 'socially isolated' and 'desperate for a friendship' before stabbing
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 28
- Man suffers non-fatal gunshot wounds outside Waukesha home
- Two Waukesha high school students score rare perfect scores on ACT exam
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Blood drive, walk to fight human trafficking, and more
- Waukesha Police Report: May 28, 2015 issue