Driver in rollover crash arrested on operating while intoxicated
Vehicle rolled more than 100 feet in a yard
An intoxicated driver was arrested late Wednesday night after his vehicle rolled more than 100 feet in a yard at 10:29 p.m. at 2208 Butler Drive.
When police arrived, the officer found a male driver still trapped in the vehicle but was conscious and alert, Capt. Ron Oremus said.
The Waukesha Fire Department removed the driver and it appeared that he was not injured.
Oremus said the vehicle rolled through a yard and landed on its hood next to the house.
The driver was wearing his seatbelt and airbags were deployed. But the man was arrested for a first offense of operating while intoxicated, Oremus added.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Blood donor reward, autism fundraiser and more
- Waukesha man faces hit-and-run charge tied to February bar incident
- Waukesha Police Report: April 2, 2015 issue
- Waukesha developer says condos were in his plan, but he wanted to preserve the Blair House
- Town, school board races highlight spring election in Waukesha
- Waukesha County Museum will temporarily suspend its operations as part of new plan
- Perspective: Considering downtown Waukesha's long-term future
- Waukesha robotics team wins regional championship
- HAWS asking for public support to help seized chinchillas in Waukesha
- City of Waukesha committee recommends sober server ordinance for bars