Driver in rollover crash arrested on operating while intoxicated
Vehicle rolled more than 100 feet in a yard
An intoxicated driver was arrested late Wednesday night after his vehicle rolled more than 100 feet in a yard at 10:29 p.m. at 2208 Butler Drive.
When police arrived, the officer found a male driver still trapped in the vehicle but was conscious and alert, Capt. Ron Oremus said.
The Waukesha Fire Department removed the driver and it appeared that he was not injured.
Oremus said the vehicle rolled through a yard and landed on its hood next to the house.
The driver was wearing his seatbelt and airbags were deployed. But the man was arrested for a first offense of operating while intoxicated, Oremus added.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Spoon will serve soups, pies at Hartwell Avenue location in Waukesha
- Jackson's Blue Ribbon Pub closed in downtown Waukesha
- Gunshots hit vehicles in parking lot on North University Drive in Waukesha
- Rollout of new garbage, recycling carts underway in city of Waukesha
- Waukesha woman sues the city's housing authority over lost rent assistance
- Fox Head Residences developer asks to postpone action on Waukesha apartments
- Nearby Citgo gas station closes early in response to last week's fatal shooting in Waukesha
- Arrests don't put an end of homicide's impact in Waukesha and for Brookfield family
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Health care reform, peace nominees and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Jan. 22, 2015, issue