Driver in rollover crash arrested on operating while intoxicated
Vehicle rolled more than 100 feet in a yard
An intoxicated driver was arrested late Wednesday night after his vehicle rolled more than 100 feet in a yard at 10:29 p.m. at 2208 Butler Drive.
When police arrived, the officer found a male driver still trapped in the vehicle but was conscious and alert, Capt. Ron Oremus said.
The Waukesha Fire Department removed the driver and it appeared that he was not injured.
Oremus said the vehicle rolled through a yard and landed on its hood next to the house.
The driver was wearing his seatbelt and airbags were deployed. But the man was arrested for a first offense of operating while intoxicated, Oremus added.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha Police Report: Feb. 11, 2016 issue
- Woman, 23, identified in fatal crash in Waukesha (1)
- Woman hit, killed by car at 164 and Sunset
- Carroll University receives $1 million donation for research laboratory off campus
- Water talks flow back into Waukesha
- Waukesha funeral services: Feb. 4, 2016 issue
- Waukesha's robotics team would receive funding boost from Rep. Adam Neylon's proposed bill
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Winter Nights, brain documentary and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Feb. 4, 2016 issue
- Lares Fashion & Western Wear building in downtown Waukesha up for sale