Driver in rollover crash arrested on operating while intoxicated
Vehicle rolled more than 100 feet in a yard
An intoxicated driver was arrested late Wednesday night after his vehicle rolled more than 100 feet in a yard at 10:29 p.m. at 2208 Butler Drive.
When police arrived, the officer found a male driver still trapped in the vehicle but was conscious and alert, Capt. Ron Oremus said.
The Waukesha Fire Department removed the driver and it appeared that he was not injured.
Oremus said the vehicle rolled through a yard and landed on its hood next to the house.
The driver was wearing his seatbelt and airbags were deployed. But the man was arrested for a first offense of operating while intoxicated, Oremus added.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha man accused of strangling, hitting his girlfriend
- Wauksha police have suspect in hit-and-run incident
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Sept. 4, 2014 issue
- Ring in the cold: Waukesha Christmas parade planning begins
- Waukesha County exec draws up his five-year plan
- Jackson's Blue Ribbon Pub reopens with mostly new staff in Waukesha
- Waukesha's public schools slip a bit, CMH doesn't in ACT test scores
- Habitat for Humanity's ReStore shop in Waukesha is a good deal for nonprofit, shoppers
- Waukesha couple stays in step with Alzheimer groups
- Waukesha Police Report: Sept. 4, 2014 issue