Driver in rollover crash arrested on operating while intoxicated
Vehicle rolled more than 100 feet in a yard
An intoxicated driver was arrested late Wednesday night after his vehicle rolled more than 100 feet in a yard at 10:29 p.m. at 2208 Butler Drive.
When police arrived, the officer found a male driver still trapped in the vehicle but was conscious and alert, Capt. Ron Oremus said.
The Waukesha Fire Department removed the driver and it appeared that he was not injured.
Oremus said the vehicle rolled through a yard and landed on its hood next to the house.
The driver was wearing his seatbelt and airbags were deployed. But the man was arrested for a first offense of operating while intoxicated, Oremus added.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New downtown candle store will hold grand opening Saturday
- Waukesha Northstar Players presenting "The Crucible" this weekend
- Elmbrook Humane Society to team with HAWS
- Three arrested after being involved in one-car rollover crash in Waukesha
- Waukesha man honored by police for saving woman from incoming train
- Update: Large fire at Waukesha Iron and Metal under investigation
- Waukesha man accused of running down woman with his car
- Convicted sex offender released to apartment on Moreland Boulevard in Waukesha
- Good Harvest Market grows, expands café at new store in Waukesha (1)
- Waukesha woman will share personal experience during Riverwalk for Cancer