Driver in rollover crash arrested on operating while intoxicated
Vehicle rolled more than 100 feet in a yard
An intoxicated driver was arrested late Wednesday night after his vehicle rolled more than 100 feet in a yard at 10:29 p.m. at 2208 Butler Drive.
When police arrived, the officer found a male driver still trapped in the vehicle but was conscious and alert, Capt. Ron Oremus said.
The Waukesha Fire Department removed the driver and it appeared that he was not injured.
Oremus said the vehicle rolled through a yard and landed on its hood next to the house.
The driver was wearing his seatbelt and airbags were deployed. But the man was arrested for a first offense of operating while intoxicated, Oremus added.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Erik Helgestad appointed to the Waukesha Common Council
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Robotics class, concealed carry, job fair and more
- Waukesha Reads program continues: Oct. 8-14 events
- Vietnamese restaurant Pho King opens, pizza eatery Bobanna's closes in Waukesha (1)
- Food drive grows bigger in Waukesha's District 12
- Xperience Fitness and Dollar Tree open in old Waukesha Kmart
- West Allis man charged with video taping women's restroom at UW-Waukesha
- Housing development hopes to stay at home in town of Waukesha (1)
- Waukesha officials try to plug holes tied to GE move
- Waukesha Police Report: Oct. 8, 2015 issue