Driver in rollover crash arrested on operating while intoxicated
Vehicle rolled more than 100 feet in a yard
An intoxicated driver was arrested late Wednesday night after his vehicle rolled more than 100 feet in a yard at 10:29 p.m. at 2208 Butler Drive.
When police arrived, the officer found a male driver still trapped in the vehicle but was conscious and alert, Capt. Ron Oremus said.
The Waukesha Fire Department removed the driver and it appeared that he was not injured.
Oremus said the vehicle rolled through a yard and landed on its hood next to the house.
The driver was wearing his seatbelt and airbags were deployed. But the man was arrested for a first offense of operating while intoxicated, Oremus added.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Edible habitats, Candy Cane tales and more
- Master Z's founder has moved on from his Waukesha billiard business
- Filing period begins for city, town and school seats in Waukesha
- December events in Waukesha have Christmas in mind — to varying extents
- Alderwoman Joan Francoeur isn't seeking another term
- Waukesha man to serve two years for stealing vehicle belonging to friend's mom
- Other downtown Waukesha apartment project remains at a standstill
- Waukesha County Museum project holds on to more history in revised plan
- Waukesha woman given probation for selling drugs from home
- Woman rescued from vehicle in Fox River downtown Waukesha