Manager of Waukesha Heart Institute finds dead bat in desk drawer
Believed a former employee put it there
A manager of the Waukesha Heart Institute had a frightening surprise waiting for her in her desk drawer earlier this week.
The new manager of the Waukesha Heart Institute, 1111 Delafield St., called police at 9:21 a.m. April 9 after she found a dead bat in a “specimen” bag in her bottom desk drawer.
She suspects it was a disgruntled former employee who was terminated from the business two days earlier, according to the police log.
The business is working on changing locks and passwords.
Another odd police incident in Waukesha included another woman finding strange items left outside her home.
A woman reported at 2:42 p.m. April 4 that a couple days ago a wooden duck was on her porch at 2428 Emslie Drive and didn’t know where it came from. And now she called police saying there is a large yellow bag with human hair inside it.
The caller is a hair dresser and was unsure if this is someone playing a prank or not. She was told to call police again if more items show up on her doorstep.
For more police items over the last week see WaukeshaNOW’s police blotter.
- Power outage temporarily closes Waukesha County Courthouse, administrative buildings
- Assembly District 83 candidates agree on taxes, differ on opiate issue
- GOP vice presidential candidate Mike Pence to hold rally at Waukesha County Expo Center
- Waukesha man accused of spitting on, trying to bite police officers
- Waukesha panel OKs La Casa de Esperanza's charter school expansion
- Waukesha planning staff mulling another downtown apartment project
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Night Out info, food drive and more
- Now You Know: Where were Waukesha's movie theaters?
- New Latin American restaurant Arepanitas opens near downtown Waukesha
- Waukesha newspaper website is changing