Manager of Waukesha Heart Institute finds dead bat in desk drawer
Believed a former employee put it there
A manager of the Waukesha Heart Institute had a frightening surprise waiting for her in her desk drawer earlier this week.
The new manager of the Waukesha Heart Institute, 1111 Delafield St., called police at 9:21 a.m. April 9 after she found a dead bat in a “specimen” bag in her bottom desk drawer.
She suspects it was a disgruntled former employee who was terminated from the business two days earlier, according to the police log.
The business is working on changing locks and passwords.
Another odd police incident in Waukesha included another woman finding strange items left outside her home.
A woman reported at 2:42 p.m. April 4 that a couple days ago a wooden duck was on her porch at 2428 Emslie Drive and didn’t know where it came from. And now she called police saying there is a large yellow bag with human hair inside it.
The caller is a hair dresser and was unsure if this is someone playing a prank or not. She was told to call police again if more items show up on her doorstep.
For more police items over the last week see WaukeshaNOW’s police blotter.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hartland man charged with attempting to set Waukesha house on fire
- Waukesha woman accused of stabbing boyfriend: 'you mess with me, you get cut'
- Several animals die in Waukesha house fire
- Multiple railroad crossings in Waukesha to receive repairs
- Editorial: It's time for the water fights to end
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Harp performers, Tribute concert series and more
- Waukesha Police Report: July 2, 2015 issue
- Parade, fireworks highlight Fourth of July festivities in Waukesha
- Top 10 things to do in Waukesha this summer
- Jury trials scheduled for Waukesha gas station homicide suspects