Manager of Waukesha Heart Institute finds dead bat in desk drawer
Believed a former employee put it there
A manager of the Waukesha Heart Institute had a frightening surprise waiting for her in her desk drawer earlier this week.
The new manager of the Waukesha Heart Institute, 1111 Delafield St., called police at 9:21 a.m. April 9 after she found a dead bat in a “specimen” bag in her bottom desk drawer.
She suspects it was a disgruntled former employee who was terminated from the business two days earlier, according to the police log.
The business is working on changing locks and passwords.
Another odd police incident in Waukesha included another woman finding strange items left outside her home.
A woman reported at 2:42 p.m. April 4 that a couple days ago a wooden duck was on her porch at 2428 Emslie Drive and didn’t know where it came from. And now she called police saying there is a large yellow bag with human hair inside it.
The caller is a hair dresser and was unsure if this is someone playing a prank or not. She was told to call police again if more items show up on her doorstep.
For more police items over the last week see WaukeshaNOW’s police blotter.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha man accused of child sex assault for groping 12-year-old girls
- Waukesha County Fair's attendance "one of the best" in its history
- The Shoppes at Fox River coming before Waukesha Plan Commission for final approval
- Waukesha South hosting alumni show
- UW-Waukesha presents classy 'Kiss Me, Kate'
- Waukesha Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Waukesha man accused of suffocating ex-girlfriend twice during dispute
- Brewers' Hank the Dog coming to Waukesha
- Forums for District 97 state assembly race coming up
- Scorpion Trike strikes where it counts for Waukesha design firm