Waukesha doctor, Jan Doenier, accused of trying to run down officers in Delafield
Woman charged with first-degree reckless endangerment after domestic dispute
A 49-year-old Waukesha doctor is being held at Waukesha County Jail on a $50,000 cash bond after being accused of trying to run down two law-enforcement officers in Delafield.
Jan A. Doenier was charged Tuesday, April 22, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with first-degree reckless endangerment, attempting to flee or elude a traffic officer, disorderly conduct, criminal damage to property and misdemeanor bail jumping.
If convicted on all counts, she could face 17 years in prison and $46,000 in fines.
According to the criminal complaint, deputies were dispatched for a domestic disturbance involving Jan and Todd Doenier at their Town of Delafield home on Monday, April 21.
Officers noted in the complaint that Jan Doenier had resisted arrest in early April when she was picked up for trespassing at a neighbor's house. She allegedly said at the time that she would kill any officer who tried to arrest her again.
The deputies were driving to the house when they spotted Doenier leaving the scene in a white car with her headlights off. Delafield police managed to stop the vehicle on Golf Road, east of High Ridge Road, and the deputies parked their vehicle in the road to stop traffic.
Jan Doenier allegedly attempted to ram the deputies' squad car at 60 mph, causing the officers to flee, the complaint said. She then fled to the Country Springs Hotel in Pewaukee, where she was eventually arrested.
She told police in the complaint that Todd Doenier had hit and punched her, which he denied. He told police she vandalized his car and threatened him, despite a court order that barred her from being at his residence.
She also claimed she was pregnant and afraid of miscarrying. Hospital staff told police that tests showed that was not the case, according to the complaint.
Court records indicate that Doenier will request a significant bail reduction at her next court hearing on Thursday, May 1.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Zombie walk, trick-or-treating this weekend in downtown Waukesha
- Election 2014: State Assembly District 83 Voter's Guide
- Slender Man stabbing suspect's attorney contesting doctor's ruling that Anissa Weier is competent
- Competency evaluation results for Anissa Weier, one of Slender Man stabbing suspects, will be revealed in court
- Waukesha man charged with threatening and sexually assaulting his wife
- Waukesha man accused of raping his disabled ex-girlfriend
- West Virginia man convicted of stalking terminally-ill teenage Waukesha girl
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Flu shots, concealed carry classes and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- Want to help the Waukesha Police Department? Here's your chance