Waukesha doctor, Jan Doenier, accused of trying to run down officers in Delafield
Woman charged with first-degree reckless endangerment after domestic dispute
A 49-year-old Waukesha doctor is being held at Waukesha County Jail on a $50,000 cash bond after being accused of trying to run down two law-enforcement officers in Delafield.
Jan A. Doenier was charged Tuesday, April 22, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with first-degree reckless endangerment, attempting to flee or elude a traffic officer, disorderly conduct, criminal damage to property and misdemeanor bail jumping.
If convicted on all counts, she could face 17 years in prison and $46,000 in fines.
According to the criminal complaint, deputies were dispatched for a domestic disturbance involving Jan and Todd Doenier at their Town of Delafield home on Monday, April 21.
Officers noted in the complaint that Jan Doenier had resisted arrest in early April when she was picked up for trespassing at a neighbor's house. She allegedly said at the time that she would kill any officer who tried to arrest her again.
The deputies were driving to the house when they spotted Doenier leaving the scene in a white car with her headlights off. Delafield police managed to stop the vehicle on Golf Road, east of High Ridge Road, and the deputies parked their vehicle in the road to stop traffic.
Jan Doenier allegedly attempted to ram the deputies' squad car at 60 mph, causing the officers to flee, the complaint said. She then fled to the Country Springs Hotel in Pewaukee, where she was eventually arrested.
She told police in the complaint that Todd Doenier had hit and punched her, which he denied. He told police she vandalized his car and threatened him, despite a court order that barred her from being at his residence.
She also claimed she was pregnant and afraid of miscarrying. Hospital staff told police that tests showed that was not the case, according to the complaint.
Court records indicate that Doenier will request a significant bail reduction at her next court hearing on Thursday, May 1.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Brewers' Hank the Dog comes to Waukesha
- Forums for District 97 state assembly race coming up
- Scorpion Trike strikes where it counts for Waukesha design firm
- Weather has slowed down field turf project at schools
- City of Waukesha debates how to fill top-level jobs
- Waukesha teenagers charged with felony counts for recent burglaries on southwest side of city
- Waukesha County Fair Blog: Fair E-tales: Reporter Megan Sukovich highlights the fair's big events
- Candidate forums coming up for District 97 state assembly, Waukesha County Sheriff's races
- Two more teenagers linked to Waukesha burglaries arrested
- Investigation continues in July 13 plane crash in Waukesha