Realtor Scott Allen is the latest Republican candidate to file for the District 97 state assembly seat.
He is scheduled to make an official announcement about his candidacy Wednesday, April 30, at The Rotunda in Waukesha.
Allen is the sales director of the Shorewest Realtors New Berlin office. Allen has been in sales in southeastern Wisconsin since 1993. Besides real estate sales, Allen has experience in land and condo development and new construction.
Allen joins GOP candidates Aaron Perry, Joe Banske and Brandon Rosner in filing for the position.
A Republican primary will be held Aug. 12.
Libertarian candidate Chuck Schilling is also seeking the position. There are no Democratic candidates yet.
The 97th Assembly District includes the southern half of the city of Waukesha, the southwestern portion of the town of Waukesha, the southeastern portion of the town of Genesee, and the northeastern portion of the town of Mukwonago.
The winner will replace Rep. Bill Kramer, who is not seeking re-election. Kramer is facing sexual assault charges in Waukesha County.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Jackson's Blue Ribbon Pub in downtown Waukesha reopening today
- Habitat for Humanity of Waukesha County opening ReStore in Waukesha
- Gas main break disrupts Waukesha neighborhood, but causes no serious problems
- Man accused of choking woman over Facebook post
- Major gas main break disrupts Waukesha neighborhood
- Waukesha man accused of choking ex-girlfriend over Facebook post
- Carroll student director's effort deals with no small Peanuts in Waukesha play
- Waukesha Police Report: Aug. 28, 2014 issue
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Aug. 28, 2014 issue
- Jackson's Blue Ribbon Pub still closed for 'restaffing' in downtown Waukesha