Realtor Scott Allen is the latest Republican candidate to file for the District 97 state assembly seat.
He is scheduled to make an official announcement about his candidacy Wednesday, April 30, at The Rotunda in Waukesha.
Allen is the sales director of the Shorewest Realtors New Berlin office. Allen has been in sales in southeastern Wisconsin since 1993. Besides real estate sales, Allen has experience in land and condo development and new construction.
Allen joins GOP candidates Aaron Perry, Joe Banske and Brandon Rosner in filing for the position.
A Republican primary will be held Aug. 12.
Libertarian candidate Chuck Schilling is also seeking the position. There are no Democratic candidates yet.
The 97th Assembly District includes the southern half of the city of Waukesha, the southwestern portion of the town of Waukesha, the southeastern portion of the town of Genesee, and the northeastern portion of the town of Mukwonago.
The winner will replace Rep. Bill Kramer, who is not seeking re-election. Kramer is facing sexual assault charges in Waukesha County.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Power outages cause rush hour backups in Waukesha
- Chilly temps in store for trick-or-treating, haunted houses, football games in Waukesha
- Muskego man charged with sexually assaulting 12-year-old Waukesha girl
- Former Waukesha County Health and Human Services building has new life
- Shared employee health clinic opening next week in Waukesha
- Funeral Services: Oct. 30, 2014
- Student Notes: Oct. 30, 2014
- On the Move: Oct. 30, 2014
- Man robs victim of iPhone near Waukesha's Fox River Trail
- Waukesha woman allegedly abused, insulted her disabled mother