Realtor Scott Allen is the latest Republican candidate to file for the District 97 state assembly seat.
He is scheduled to make an official announcement about his candidacy Wednesday, April 30, at The Rotunda in Waukesha.
Allen is the sales director of the Shorewest Realtors New Berlin office. Allen has been in sales in southeastern Wisconsin since 1993. Besides real estate sales, Allen has experience in land and condo development and new construction.
Allen joins GOP candidates Aaron Perry, Joe Banske and Brandon Rosner in filing for the position.
A Republican primary will be held Aug. 12.
Libertarian candidate Chuck Schilling is also seeking the position. There are no Democratic candidates yet.
The 97th Assembly District includes the southern half of the city of Waukesha, the southwestern portion of the town of Waukesha, the southeastern portion of the town of Genesee, and the northeastern portion of the town of Mukwonago.
The winner will replace Rep. Bill Kramer, who is not seeking re-election. Kramer is facing sexual assault charges in Waukesha County.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Zombie walk, trick-or-treating this weekend in downtown Waukesha
- Election 2014: State Assembly District 83 Voter's Guide
- Slender Man stabbing suspect's attorney contesting doctor's ruling that Anissa Weier is competent
- Competency evaluation results for Anissa Weier, one of Slender Man stabbing suspects, will be revealed in court
- Waukesha man charged with threatening and sexually assaulting his wife
- Waukesha man accused of raping his disabled ex-girlfriend
- West Virginia man convicted of stalking terminally-ill teenage Waukesha girl
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Flu shots, concealed carry classes and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- Want to help the Waukesha Police Department? Here's your chance