Realtor Scott Allen is the latest Republican candidate to file for the District 97 state assembly seat.
He is scheduled to make an official announcement about his candidacy Wednesday, April 30, at The Rotunda in Waukesha.
Allen is the sales director of the Shorewest Realtors New Berlin office. Allen has been in sales in southeastern Wisconsin since 1993. Besides real estate sales, Allen has experience in land and condo development and new construction.
Allen joins GOP candidates Aaron Perry, Joe Banske and Brandon Rosner in filing for the position.
A Republican primary will be held Aug. 12.
Libertarian candidate Chuck Schilling is also seeking the position. There are no Democratic candidates yet.
The 97th Assembly District includes the southern half of the city of Waukesha, the southwestern portion of the town of Waukesha, the southeastern portion of the town of Genesee, and the northeastern portion of the town of Mukwonago.
The winner will replace Rep. Bill Kramer, who is not seeking re-election. Kramer is facing sexual assault charges in Waukesha County.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Top five picks for this weekend in Waukesha
- Waukesha County detective Peter Korns charged for domestic-related incident
- 'Suspicious' Halloween decoration turns out to be mannequin in a tree
- Waukesha man accused of repeatedly manufacturing, selling cocaine
- Waukesha man accused of molesting, groping his granddaughter for years
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Apple harvest, lawn care and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Waukesha wants judge to reverse ruling on former fire chief's job
- Waukesha asks public for help to fund new downtown holiday lights
- Second stabbing suspect to be mentally evaluated in Waukesha Slender Man case