Waukesha foster father sentenced for possessing child porn
Man, 45, gets 3 years prison through plea bargain
A 45-year-old Waukesha man accused last summer of possessing hundreds of images and videos of child pornography was sentenced April 24 to three years prison.
Daniel Lomeli, 2025 Oaklawn Ave., will be required to register as a sex offender and will serve three years extended supervision after his release from prison. He will also be required to perform 60 hours of community service and was ordered to pay $1,018 in court fees.
Lomeli was charged June 28 with one count of child sexploitation and 10 counts of possession of child pornography. He faced an effective life sentence if convicted on all counts.
Lomeli was held in Waukesha County Jail on a $30,000 cash bond until Aug. 8, when his bail was reduced to $15,000. Lomeli was not allowed to bring foster children into his home while on bail, according to court records.
Assistant District Attorney Brian Juech prosecuted the case. He said last year that there was evidence that Lomeli's family had taken in foster children in the past.
Lomeli pleaded guilty to one count of possession of child pornography in January, and the other counts were dismissed as part of a plea agreement. The three-year prison sentence was the minimum sentence allowed for the offense.
Judge Michael Bohren handed down the sentence.
According to the criminal complaint, Waukesha police discovered during an undercover investigation that Lomeli had uploaded a child pornography video to a popular file-sharing program.
A search of Lomeli's home revealed that he had at minimum 180 videos and several hundred images of child pornography stored on various electronics, the complaint states.
Lomeli told police in the complaint that he was not attracted to children, but got involved out of curiosity.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Top five picks for this weekend in Waukesha
- Waukesha County detective Peter Korns charged for domestic-related incident
- 'Suspicious' Halloween decoration turns out to be mannequin in a tree
- Waukesha man accused of repeatedly manufacturing, selling cocaine
- Waukesha man accused of molesting, groping his granddaughter for years
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Apple harvest, lawn care and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Waukesha wants judge to reverse ruling on former fire chief's job
- Waukesha asks public for help to fund new downtown holiday lights
- Second stabbing suspect to be mentally evaluated in Waukesha Slender Man case