A sugary candy on a man's front porch in Waukesha prompted a call to police.
According to the police log, a man at 445 Kimberly Drive found two packs of Sweet Tarts on the front porch of his house prior to 3:06 p.m. April 22.
He said he thought the candy was put there from someone who was trying to entice his children.
The caller thought finding the Sweet Tarts on his front porch was odd and didn't know if the candy had been tampered with or if it was even meant for his kids.
Police told the man to discard the candy.
Another odd Waukesha police incident came after police were called to 1012 Caroline St. at 12:27 a.m. April 21. Police could hear a man and female yelling with the woman yelling about taking her dog for a walk.
Upon police arrival, the woman was very intoxicated and unable and unwilling to provide officers with her reason for calling 9-1-1. She was emotional and became angry, calling officers "stupid" and "rookies."
The man inside told police the woman wanted to take a dog for a walk, but he would not let her due to the dog's energy and the woman's intoxication level.
For more Waukesha police items, including thefts, burglaries and other strange calls, see Waukesha Now's weekly police blotter page.
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Plants sale, 'Gypsy' auditions and more
- Waukesha police report: June 2, 2016 issue
- Farmer's Daughter Collection in Waukesha makes cultural connection
- Allô! Chocolat owners seek sweet deal for downtown Waukesha business
- Waukesha School District lauds change in food service provider
- Retzer Nature Center locked down May 25 due to attempted suicide
- Reconstruction of Tenny Avenue in Waukesha prompts short-term closure of nearby intersection
- Funeral services: May 26, 2016 issue
- Ex-Waukesha man accused of reckless homicide in heroin overdose death
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Lion King, gallery art and more