A sugary candy on a man's front porch in Waukesha prompted a call to police.
According to the police log, a man at 445 Kimberly Drive found two packs of Sweet Tarts on the front porch of his house prior to 3:06 p.m. April 22.
He said he thought the candy was put there from someone who was trying to entice his children.
The caller thought finding the Sweet Tarts on his front porch was odd and didn't know if the candy had been tampered with or if it was even meant for his kids.
Police told the man to discard the candy.
Another odd Waukesha police incident came after police were called to 1012 Caroline St. at 12:27 a.m. April 21. Police could hear a man and female yelling with the woman yelling about taking her dog for a walk.
Upon police arrival, the woman was very intoxicated and unable and unwilling to provide officers with her reason for calling 9-1-1. She was emotional and became angry, calling officers "stupid" and "rookies."
The man inside told police the woman wanted to take a dog for a walk, but he would not let her due to the dog's energy and the woman's intoxication level.
For more Waukesha police items, including thefts, burglaries and other strange calls, see Waukesha Now's weekly police blotter page.
- Judge: Prison for Waukesha man who groped teenage girl, threatened her to drop charges
- Getaway driver gets eight years in prison for role in Waukesha gas station homicide
- Waukesha Farmers Market set to kickoff 2016 season May 7
- Funeral Services: April 28, 2016 issue
- Longtime local criminal Julio Alvarez gets prison for robbing Waukesha gas station (1)
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Healthy kids, Arbor Day and more
- Waukesha police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- Waukesha West students learn global lessons up close on service trip
- Proposed strip mall, eatery could replace Gasthaus restaurant
- Proposed apartment project for Waukesha County Museum remains stalled