A sugary candy on a man's front porch in Waukesha prompted a call to police.
According to the police log, a man at 445 Kimberly Drive found two packs of Sweet Tarts on the front porch of his house prior to 3:06 p.m. April 22.
He said he thought the candy was put there from someone who was trying to entice his children.
The caller thought finding the Sweet Tarts on his front porch was odd and didn't know if the candy had been tampered with or if it was even meant for his kids.
Police told the man to discard the candy.
Another odd Waukesha police incident came after police were called to 1012 Caroline St. at 12:27 a.m. April 21. Police could hear a man and female yelling with the woman yelling about taking her dog for a walk.
Upon police arrival, the woman was very intoxicated and unable and unwilling to provide officers with her reason for calling 9-1-1. She was emotional and became angry, calling officers "stupid" and "rookies."
The man inside told police the woman wanted to take a dog for a walk, but he would not let her due to the dog's energy and the woman's intoxication level.
For more Waukesha police items, including thefts, burglaries and other strange calls, see Waukesha Now's weekly police blotter page.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha man faces hit-and-run charge tied to February bar incident
- Waukesha Police Report: April 2, 2015 issue
- Family-owned Gehl Foods sold to Chicago-based firm promising growth
- Waukesha developer says condos were in his plan, but he wanted to preserve the Blair House
- Town, school board races highlight spring election in Waukesha
- Waukesha County Museum will temporarily suspend its operations as part of new plan
- Perspective: Considering downtown Waukesha's long-term future
- Waukesha robotics team wins regional championship
- HAWS asking for public support to help seized chinchillas in Waukesha
- City of Waukesha committee recommends sober server ordinance for bars