Waukesha bar fight leads to head injury and felony charges
Man, 21, faces 3 1/2 years in prison
A domestic dispute outside the Salty Toad Tavern in April left one woman concussed and a man facing felony charges.
The 21-year-old Waukesha man was charged April 28 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with substantial battery, a Class I felony which carries a maximum sentence of 31/2 years in prison and $10,000 in fines.
The man will not be named to protect the victim's identity.
According to the criminal complaint, Waukesha police officers were dispatched for a fight at the Salty Toad Tavern, 921 Friedman Drive, at 1 a.m. April 26.
Police found a woman rolling on the floor speaking nonsense when they arrived, the complaint states. A bar manager told police the woman was pushed to the floor by her boyfriend during an argument outside the bar.
The woman was transported to Waukesha Memorial Hospital and treated for a brain hemorrhage and a cut to the back of her head.
The man admitted in the complaint to pushing the woman, but said she was drunk and unruly. Surveillance footage shows the man violently throwing the woman to the floor, causing her to strike her head on the pavement, the complaint states.
The man was released from Waukesha County Jail on a $2,500 signature bond, according to court records. He was ordered at a April 28 initial appearance to have no violent contact with his girlfriend.
A hearing has been scheduled for Monday, May 19.
- What's next for water: Officials discuss aspects of Waukesha's plan
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Fairest of Fair, free movies and more
- Summer food service program begins at Waukesha schools
- Woman fined for bringing marijuana to Waukesha court proceeding (2)
- Waukesha Plan Commission doesn't bite at proposed doggy day care, cites noise concerns
- Waukesha police report: June 30, 2016 issue
- Carroll's new Lowry Hall gets final OK from Waukesha Plan Commission
- Waukesha native's Smart Program Training targets dementia progression
- Now You Know: branch collection
- News in Brief: June 23, 2016 issue