A 40-year-old man was arrested after he “went hard,” allegedly attacking two men over the weekend at a house party on Fairview Avenue in Waukesha.
James J. McCray, 430 Kimberly Drive, was charged Monday, May 12, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with substantial battery, criminal damage to property and disorderly conduct.
According to the criminal complaint, Waukesha police were dispatched to break up a fight at 9 p.m. Sunday, May 11, at a residence at 410 Fairview Ave.
Officers made contact with Daniel Vasquez, who said in the complaint that McCray had confronted him while drunk and said, “I got my pistol now [expletive], what’s up?”
Vasquez and homeowner Daniel Jimenez tried to calm McCray down, but he allegedly punched Vasquez in the jaw, breaking a tooth, the complaint states. He then struck Vasquez in the chest and arm.
The men fled into the house with McCray on their heels, the complaint continues. Jimenez told police that McCray tried to kick in a backdoor, but was unsuccessful.
McCray told police in the complaint he “went hard” at Vasquez over a previous feud. He blew a .15 blood-alcohol content on a preliminary breath test and was placed under arrest.
McCray was released Tuesday on a $2,500 signature bond, according to court records. He was ordered to have no contact with the witnesses and to avoid alcohol.
A preliminary hearing has been scheduled for Friday, June 13.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Power outages cause rush hour backups in Waukesha
- Chilly temps in store for trick-or-treating, haunted houses, football games in Waukesha
- Muskego man charged with sexually assaulting 12-year-old Waukesha girl
- Former Waukesha County Health and Human Services building has new life
- Shared employee health clinic opening next week in Waukesha
- Funeral Services: Oct. 30, 2014
- Student Notes: Oct. 30, 2014
- On the Move: Oct. 30, 2014
- Man robs victim of iPhone near Waukesha's Fox River Trail
- Waukesha woman allegedly abused, insulted her disabled mother