The 75-year-old man who was killed in a one-car crash Thursday in Waukesha was dragged for about 240 feet before his vehicle stopped on Madison Street at Comanche Lane.
Kirk Bechtel was still in his seat belt as he was dragged under his car on Madison Street, Waukesha police said.
Lt. Joe Hendricks of the Waukesha Police Department's Criminal Investigations Division said Bechtel was crushed by his own vehicle.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene after life-saving efforts were unsuccessful.
The investigation remains ongoing, Hendricks said.
The Waukesha Police and Fire departments responded to the scene at about 7:45 p.m. Thursday after receiving information of a man trapped underneath his car in the area of Comanche Lane and Madison Street.
When they arrived to the scene, they found Bechtel pinned under his vehicle at the bottom of a hill.
There is no further information being released at this time.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Editorial: Farewell to Olson's Ace Hardware, a downtown Waukesha landmark
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Art crawl, Bluesfest, Night Out
- Waukesha Police Report: July 30, 2015 issue
- Waukesha's garbage and recycling rules change
- Ace will no longer be the place in downtown Waukesha (1)
- Waukesha pastor charged with first-degree sexual assault of a child (1)
- Surveys add to Waukesha alderman's web of public interaction
- Molina Healthcare giving out groceries, health kits at La Casa de Esperanza in Waukesha
- Waukesha man accused of putting 17-year-old girlfriend in a choke hold
- Waukesha man facing charges in three separate criminal cases