The 75-year-old man who was killed in a one-car crash Thursday in Waukesha was dragged for about 240 feet before his vehicle stopped on Madison Street at Comanche Lane.
Kirk Bechtel was still in his seat belt as he was dragged under his car on Madison Street, Waukesha police said.
Lt. Joe Hendricks of the Waukesha Police Department's Criminal Investigations Division said Bechtel was crushed by his own vehicle.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene after life-saving efforts were unsuccessful.
The investigation remains ongoing, Hendricks said.
The Waukesha Police and Fire departments responded to the scene at about 7:45 p.m. Thursday after receiving information of a man trapped underneath his car in the area of Comanche Lane and Madison Street.
When they arrived to the scene, they found Bechtel pinned under his vehicle at the bottom of a hill.
There is no further information being released at this time.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha man accused of repeatedly assaulting 12-year-old boy
- Disgraced former Waukesha County sheriff's lieutenant gets jail time, probation
- Former sheriff's lieutenant gets jail time, probation
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Art crawl, awards lunch, health clinics and more
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Waukesha man accused of delivering drugs that caused overdose death
- Waukesha Police Report: Oct. 2, 2014 issue
- Waukesha lists curbside pickup and drop-off center times for leaves
- Spooky, isn't it: Halloween season kicks in Waukesha with Wisconsin Feargrounds
- Waukesha County budget avoids adding to tax bill