The 75-year-old man who was killed in a one-car crash May 29 in Waukesha was dragged for about 240 feet before his vehicle stopped on Madison Street at Comanche Lane.
Kirk Bechtel was still in his seat belt as he was dragged under his car on Madison Street, Waukesha police said.
Lt. Joe Hendricks of the Waukesha Police Department's Criminal Investigations Division said Bechtel was crushed by his own vehicle.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene after life-saving efforts were unsuccessful.
The investigation remains ongoing, Hendricks said.
The Waukesha Police and Fire departments responded to the scene at about 7:45 p.m. after receiving information of a man trapped underneath his car in the area of Comanche Lane and Madison Street.
When they arrived to the scene, they found Bechtel pinned under his vehicle at the bottom of a hill.
The circumstances that preceded the accident were not immediately known, and no further information is being released at this time, police said.
- Service area reduced for Waukesha's water diversion application
- Summit View celebrates Penny Kroening's Teacher of the Year honors
- Judge: Prison for Waukesha man who groped teenage girl, threatened her to drop charges
- Getaway driver gets eight years in prison for role in Waukesha gas station homicide
- Waukesha Farmers Market set to kickoff 2016 season May 7
- Funeral Services: April 28, 2016 issue
- Longtime local criminal Julio Alvarez gets prison for robbing Waukesha gas station (1)
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Healthy kids, Arbor Day and more
- Waukesha police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- Waukesha West students learn global lessons up close on service trip