Waukesha man accused of abuse for striking his girlfriend with grilling spatula
Injuries will likely require plastic surgery, complaint says
A 44-year-old Waukesha man was accused on June 2 of slicing open his girlfriend's face and breaking her nose with a grilling spatula .
Brian Lawrence, 2051 Cliff Alex Ct. S., was charged in Waukesha County Circuit Court with substantial battery and domestic abuse. Lawrence faces up to four years in prison and $21,000 in fines if convicted.
According to the criminal complaint, Lawrence struck his girlfriend in the face with the spatula during an argument on May 26, at his apartment. Lawrence claimed he was upset because he thought his girlfriend was contacting other men and sending them pictures of herself.
The victim was treated for a fractured nose and a deep cut on her forehead the following day at Waukesha Memorial Hospital. Hospital staff told the victim she would need plastic surgery to correct the injuries, the complaint states.
Lawrence was released on a $10,000 signature bond on June 3, according to court records. He is prohibited from having contact of any kind with the victim.
Lawrence has a court hearing scheduled for Monday, June 30.
- Sex offender moving into Waukesha soon, police say
- Waukesha News Briefs: HAWS video, court eFiling and more
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Plants sale, 'Gypsy' auditions and more
- Waukesha police report: June 2, 2016 issue
- Farmer's Daughter Collection in Waukesha makes cultural connection
- Allô! Chocolat owners seek sweet deal for downtown Waukesha business
- Waukesha School District lauds change in food service provider
- Retzer Nature Center locked down May 25 due to attempted suicide
- Reconstruction of Tenny Avenue in Waukesha prompts short-term closure of nearby intersection
- Funeral services: May 26, 2016 issue