Waukesha man accused of abuse for striking his girlfriend with grilling spatula
Injuries will likely require plastic surgery, complaint says
A 44-year-old Waukesha man was accused on June 2 of slicing open his girlfriend's face and breaking her nose with a grilling spatula .
Brian Lawrence, 2051 Cliff Alex Ct. S., was charged in Waukesha County Circuit Court with substantial battery and domestic abuse. Lawrence faces up to four years in prison and $21,000 in fines if convicted.
According to the criminal complaint, Lawrence struck his girlfriend in the face with the spatula during an argument on May 26, at his apartment. Lawrence claimed he was upset because he thought his girlfriend was contacting other men and sending them pictures of herself.
The victim was treated for a fractured nose and a deep cut on her forehead the following day at Waukesha Memorial Hospital. Hospital staff told the victim she would need plastic surgery to correct the injuries, the complaint states.
Lawrence was released on a $10,000 signature bond on June 3, according to court records. He is prohibited from having contact of any kind with the victim.
Lawrence has a court hearing scheduled for Monday, June 30.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Landmarks Commission will review apartment aspect of museum redevelopment project
- Art crawl taking place Saturday in downtown Waukesha
- Muskego man receives 25-year prison sentence for sexually assaulting Waukesha girl
- Waukesha woman gets 45 years for killing toddler (1)
- Waukesha County Executive Paul Farrow holding Twitter Town Hall meeting
- Editorial: Farewell to Olson's Ace Hardware, a downtown Waukesha landmark
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Art crawl, Bluesfest, Night Out
- Waukesha Police Report: July 30, 2015 issue
- Waukesha's garbage and recycling rules get updated
- Ace will no longer be the place in downtown Waukesha (1)