Waukesha man accused of abuse for striking his girlfriend with grilling spatula
Injuries will likely require plastic surgery, complaint says
A 44-year-old Waukesha man was accused on June 2 of slicing open his girlfriend's face and breaking her nose with a grilling spatula .
Brian Lawrence, 2051 Cliff Alex Ct. S., was charged in Waukesha County Circuit Court with substantial battery and domestic abuse. Lawrence faces up to four years in prison and $21,000 in fines if convicted.
According to the criminal complaint, Lawrence struck his girlfriend in the face with the spatula during an argument on May 26, at his apartment. Lawrence claimed he was upset because he thought his girlfriend was contacting other men and sending them pictures of herself.
The victim was treated for a fractured nose and a deep cut on her forehead the following day at Waukesha Memorial Hospital. Hospital staff told the victim she would need plastic surgery to correct the injuries, the complaint states.
Lawrence was released on a $10,000 signature bond on June 3, according to court records. He is prohibited from having contact of any kind with the victim.
Lawrence has a court hearing scheduled for Monday, June 30.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha pools closing for the season
- Waukesha woman accused of striking children, husband after night of drinking
- It was a twister in Waukesha, after all, National Weather Service says
- Waukesha's La Casa de Esperanza opens its new charter school
- Trial date set in Slender Man case in Waukesha (1)
- Waukesha Community Briefs: HAWS collection drive, Dialogue Initiative and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- Waukesha Catholic schools make a welcoming Choice in revised voucher program
- Homeless Waukesha man charged with battering woman (1)
- Waukesha again seeks public's assistance in funding downtown holiday lights