A 33-year-old Waukesha man was accused on Thursday, June 12, of inappropriately fondling a 12-year-old girl.
Sean M. Handrick-Oberle, 445 N. Washington Ave., was charged last week in Waukesha County Circuit Court with first-degree sexual assault of a child under 13.
If convicted, he could be sentenced to 60 years in prison.
According to the criminal complaint, the girl was at Handrick-Oberle's house for a sleepover with his daughter. The victim alleged that Handrick-Oberle repeatedly tried to kiss and cuddle with her, and at one point pulled her onto his lap and slid his hand beneath her swimsuit bottom.
Handrick-Oberle reportedly told the girl he thought her swimsuit was sexy and that she looked beautiful.
The victim told police in the complaint that all of this occurred while Handrick-Oberle's daughter — the victim's friend — was sleeping on an adjacent couch in the same room.
The girl asked to call her mother multiple times during the alleged incident, but Handrick-Oberle supposedly told her she had to wait to do so until his phone charged.
According to court records, Harndrick-Oberle is being held on a $10,000 cash bond. If released, he is not to have contact of any kind with the victim and must maintain absolute sobriety.
His court hearing was scheduled for Wednesday, June 18.
- 2016 Waukesha County Fair coverage
- Our Fair Ladies Blog: Video: Crafting and animal races at the Waukesha County Fair
- Outstanding fees could prevent students from graduation ceremonies
- Studio time gives students opportunity to create
- Stay cool at Hebron House and Jeremy Safe Haven
- Waukesha Salvation Army offering cool place to stay in light of impending heat wave
- Crest owner brings Irish flavor to new venture in downtown Waukesha
- Funeral Services: July 21, 2016 issue
- Complaint: Waukesha woman, drunk, grabbed gun following phone dispute
- Waukesha police report: July 21, 2016 issue