A 33-year-old Waukesha man was accused on Thursday, June 12, of inappropriately fondling a 12-year-old girl.
Sean M. Handrick-Oberle, 445 N. Washington Ave., was charged last week in Waukesha County Circuit Court with first-degree sexual assault of a child under 13.
If convicted, he could be sentenced to 60 years in prison.
According to the criminal complaint, the girl was at Handrick-Oberle's house for a sleepover with his daughter. The victim alleged that Handrick-Oberle repeatedly tried to kiss and cuddle with her, and at one point pulled her onto his lap and slid his hand beneath her swimsuit bottom.
Handrick-Oberle reportedly told the girl he thought her swimsuit was sexy and that she looked beautiful.
The victim told police in the complaint that all of this occurred while Handrick-Oberle's daughter — the victim's friend — was sleeping on an adjacent couch in the same room.
The girl asked to call her mother multiple times during the alleged incident, but Handrick-Oberle supposedly told her she had to wait to do so until his phone charged.
According to court records, Harndrick-Oberle is being held on a $10,000 cash bond. If released, he is not to have contact of any kind with the victim and must maintain absolute sobriety.
His court hearing was scheduled for Wednesday, June 18.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha man receives prison sentence for battering pregnant girlfriend
- Wapp Jr. guilty of selling drugs from southwest side Waukesha home last year
- Waukesha man who pointed rifle at police is charged with six felonies
- Waukesha Community Briefs: pet events, Chinese New Year and more
- Mad Rooster Cafe considers former Hardees site in downtown Waukesha
- Video: Catholic Memorial High School's Innovation Wing opens to rave reviews
- Review: Waukesha Civic Theatre's 'Almost, Maine' gets it more than almost right
- Waukesha gas station murder suspect Darrin Malone heads to trial
- Pizza maker and caterer prep new spaces in downtown Waukesha
- Waukesha Police Report: Feb. 11, 2016 issue