A 33-year-old Waukesha man was accused on Thursday, June 12, of inappropriately fondling a 12-year-old girl.
Sean M. Handrick-Oberle, 445 N. Washington Ave., was charged last week in Waukesha County Circuit Court with first-degree sexual assault of a child under 13.
If convicted, he could be sentenced to 60 years in prison.
According to the criminal complaint, the girl was at Handrick-Oberle's house for a sleepover with his daughter. The victim alleged that Handrick-Oberle repeatedly tried to kiss and cuddle with her, and at one point pulled her onto his lap and slid his hand beneath her swimsuit bottom.
Handrick-Oberle reportedly told the girl he thought her swimsuit was sexy and that she looked beautiful.
The victim told police in the complaint that all of this occurred while Handrick-Oberle's daughter — the victim's friend — was sleeping on an adjacent couch in the same room.
The girl asked to call her mother multiple times during the alleged incident, but Handrick-Oberle supposedly told her she had to wait to do so until his phone charged.
According to court records, Harndrick-Oberle is being held on a $10,000 cash bond. If released, he is not to have contact of any kind with the victim and must maintain absolute sobriety.
His court hearing was scheduled for Wednesday, June 18.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Proposed Waukesha County Museum redevelopment plan coming before city panel
- 'Suspicious' fire damages Waukesha home overnight
- Attorney requests Slender Man stabbing suspect Morgan Geyser be moved to treatment facility
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Pet adoption drive, mob boss speaker and more
- Wife granted restraining order against former Waukesha County detective (1)
- Vehicle fire in Waukesha apartment building's underground parking garage creates 'an explosion'
- Former town of Waukesha chairwoman, resident file ethics complaint against chairman (2)
- Waukesha robotics team stays in top gear in regional competition en route to international event
- Waukesha Police Report: April 16, 2015 issue
- Oconomowoc man accused of getting high in store bathroom enters plea