A 33-year-old Waukesha man was accused on Thursday, June 12, of inappropriately fondling a 12-year-old girl.
Sean M. Handrick-Oberle, 445 N. Washington Ave., was charged last week in Waukesha County Circuit Court with first-degree sexual assault of a child under 13.
If convicted, he could be sentenced to 60 years in prison.
According to the criminal complaint, the girl was at Handrick-Oberle's house for a sleepover with his daughter. The victim alleged that Handrick-Oberle repeatedly tried to kiss and cuddle with her, and at one point pulled her onto his lap and slid his hand beneath her swimsuit bottom.
Handrick-Oberle reportedly told the girl he thought her swimsuit was sexy and that she looked beautiful.
The victim told police in the complaint that all of this occurred while Handrick-Oberle's daughter — the victim's friend — was sleeping on an adjacent couch in the same room.
The girl asked to call her mother multiple times during the alleged incident, but Handrick-Oberle supposedly told her she had to wait to do so until his phone charged.
According to court records, Harndrick-Oberle is being held on a $10,000 cash bond. If released, he is not to have contact of any kind with the victim and must maintain absolute sobriety.
His court hearing was scheduled for Wednesday, June 18.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisconsin Attorney General Brad Schimel reflects on first months in new office
- Opper makes history with her new position
- Fox Head Residences apartment plan in Waukesha finished after rezoning vote again denied
- Mukwonago man killed in forklift accident
- Waukesha man is winner of $1 million Mega Millions prize
- Suspects from Hartland, Oconomowoc charged for their alleged roles in robbery of Waukesha bank
- Sprizzo Gallery Caffé closes in downtown Waukesha
- Senior housing now part of plan for Fox Head Residences in Waukesha
- Waukesha Community Briefs: UW-W drama, Gaelic library events and more
- Waukesha Police Report: March 5, 2015 issue