A 43-year-old Oconomowoc man was accused on Saturday, June 14, of pinning his 15-year-old son to the ground and repeatedly punching him in the head.
Neal Wallace, 419 S. Concord Road, was charged on Monday, June 16, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with one felony count of physical abuse of a child. If convicted, Wallace faces up to six years in prison and $10,000 in fines.
According to the criminal complaint, police responded to a report of a physical altercation at the intersection of Nike Drive and E. Main Street in the city of Waukesha.
The fight allegedly broke out because Wallace was upset with his son for staying out late with his friends.
A verbal argument erupted between the two after Wallace picked up his son and began driving them home.
The argument turned physical, the complaint states, and escalated when Wallace allegedly pulled his son from the vehicle, twisted his arm behind his son's back then pinned him to the ground and pounded on his son's head, back and ribs.
Multiple witnesses said in the complaint that the boy was crying and screaming during the incident, at one point shouting out, "Please help me. Call the cops."
According to court records, a court commissioner set Wallace's signature bond at $1,500. If released, Wallace is not to have any kind of violent contact with his son.
His court hearing is scheduled for Monday, July 7.
- 2016 Waukesha County Fair coverage
- Our Fair Ladies Blog: Video: Crafting and animal races at the Waukesha County Fair
- Outstanding fees could prevent students from graduation ceremonies
- Studio time gives students opportunity to create
- Stay cool at Hebron House and Jeremy Safe Haven
- Waukesha Salvation Army offering cool place to stay in light of impending heat wave
- Crest owner brings Irish flavor to new venture in downtown Waukesha
- Funeral Services: July 21, 2016 issue
- Complaint: Waukesha woman, drunk, grabbed gun following phone dispute
- Waukesha police report: July 21, 2016 issue