A 43-year-old Oconomowoc man was accused on Saturday, June 14, of pinning his 15-year-old son to the ground and repeatedly punching him in the head.
Neal Wallace, 419 S. Concord Road, was charged on Monday, June 16, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with one felony count of physical abuse of a child. If convicted, Wallace faces up to six years in prison and $10,000 in fines.
According to the criminal complaint, police responded to a report of a physical altercation at the intersection of Nike Drive and E. Main Street in the city of Waukesha.
The fight allegedly broke out because Wallace was upset with his son for staying out late with his friends.
A verbal argument erupted between the two after Wallace picked up his son and began driving them home.
The argument turned physical, the complaint states, and escalated when Wallace allegedly pulled his son from the vehicle, twisted his arm behind his son's back then pinned him to the ground and pounded on his son's head, back and ribs.
Multiple witnesses said in the complaint that the boy was crying and screaming during the incident, at one point shouting out, "Please help me. Call the cops."
According to court records, a court commissioner set Wallace's signature bond at $1,500. If released, Wallace is not to have any kind of violent contact with his son.
His court hearing is scheduled for Monday, July 7.
- Judge: Prison for Waukesha man who groped teenage girl, threatened her to drop charges
- Getaway driver gets eight years in prison for role in Waukesha gas station homicide
- Waukesha Farmers Market set to kickoff 2016 season May 7
- Funeral Services: April 28, 2016 issue
- Longtime local criminal Julio Alvarez gets prison for robbing Waukesha gas station (1)
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Healthy kids, Arbor Day and more
- Waukesha police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- Waukesha West students learn global lessons up close on service trip
- Proposed strip mall, eatery could replace Gasthaus restaurant
- Proposed apartment project for Waukesha County Museum remains stalled