An ethnic festival and a world-class bicycle competition highlights Waukesha's event list this weekend.
Fiesta Waukesha, located in Frame Park, is free to the public and offers a wide variety of Hispanic entertainment, Latin American cuisine, amusement rides and a children's area.
The festival begins Friday (4 to 11 p.m.) and runs from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday.
On Saturday, La Casa de Esperanza's second annual Fiesta Waukesha 5k Run/Walk takes place. Registration is at 9 a.m. with the start time at 10 a.m.
The cost is $25 per individual (preregistration) or $30 at the event. The cost is $7 for children 12 and younger (preregistration) or $10 at the event.
The proceeds benefit La Casa's Center for Academic Excellence.
On Sunday, the Carl Zach Cycling Classic runs through downtown Waukesha.
There are eight races that range from 40 minutes to 90 minutes. The first race begins at 11:10 a.m. and the last race gets underway at 6 p.m.
The 0.85 mile-course, which begins on West Main Street, features a fairly flat, fast six-corner criterium.
The Carl Zach Cycling Classic is Day 4 of the 2014 Tour of America's Dairyland that ends with the East Tosa Gran Prix June 29 in Wauwatosa.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Sept. 4, 2014 issue
- Ring in the cold: Waukesha Christmas parade planning begins
- Waukesha County exec draws up his five-year plan
- Jackson's Blue Ribbon Pub reopens with mostly new staff in Waukesha
- Waukesha's public schools slip a bit, CMH doesn't in ACT test scores
- Habitat for Humanity's ReStore shop in Waukesha is a good deal for nonprofit, shoppers
- Waukesha Police Report: Sept. 4, 2014 issue
- Jackson's Blue Ribbon Pub in downtown Waukesha reopening today
- Habitat for Humanity of Waukesha County opening ReStore in Waukesha
- Gas main break disrupts Waukesha neighborhood, but causes no serious problems