A 48-year-old Waukesha man was accused on Wednesday, June 18, of masturbating while viewing pornographic images on a computer at the Waukesha Public Library.
Gerard Streator was charged on Thursday, June 19, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with lewd and lascivious behavior as well as felony and misdemeanor bail jumping. Streator is currently standing trial for another indecent exposure case, according to court records.
If convicted on the new charges, he faces up to 71/2 years in prison and $30,000 in fines.
According to the criminal complaint, Waukesha police responded to the library around 3:30 p.m. on June 18 to a report of indecent exposure. A library employee allegedly witnessed Streator viewing pornography and masturbating while sitting at a public-access computer.
Streator reportedly admitted to exposing his genitals when confronted by police, but also claimed he began researching how the sun was created once he realized his browsing time had almost expired.
Streator is currently being held at the county jail on a $2,500 cash band. If released, he is prohibited from the library premises.
His next court hearing is scheduled for Wednesday, July 9.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City of Waukesha sends Blair House saga to Court of Appeals
- Waukesha again in political limelight with Walker's presidential announcement
- Now You Know: Why have all of the trees at the end of Big Bend Road been cut down in Waukesha?
- Waukesha Community Briefs: County Fair info and more
- Waukesha Police Report: July 9, 2015 issue
- Hartland man charged with attempting to set Waukesha house on fire
- Waukesha woman accused of stabbing boyfriend: 'you mess with me, you get cut'
- Several animals die in Waukesha house fire
- Multiple railroad crossings in Waukesha to receive repairs
- Editorial: It's time for the water fights to end