A 48-year-old Waukesha man was accused on Wednesday, June 18, of masturbating while viewing pornographic images on a computer at the Waukesha Public Library.
Gerard Streator was charged on Thursday, June 19, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with lewd and lascivious behavior as well as felony and misdemeanor bail jumping. Streator is currently standing trial for another indecent exposure case, according to court records.
If convicted on the new charges, he faces up to 71/2 years in prison and $30,000 in fines.
According to the criminal complaint, Waukesha police responded to the library around 3:30 p.m. on June 18 to a report of indecent exposure. A library employee allegedly witnessed Streator viewing pornography and masturbating while sitting at a public-access computer.
Streator reportedly admitted to exposing his genitals when confronted by police, but also claimed he began researching how the sun was created once he realized his browsing time had almost expired.
Streator is currently being held at the county jail on a $2,500 cash band. If released, he is prohibited from the library premises.
His next court hearing is scheduled for Wednesday, July 9.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha Police Report: Sept. 3, 2015 issue
- Lifeway Foods now making kefir at former Golden Guernsey plant in Waukesha
- New faces will lead way at many Waukesha schools
- Waukesha County board rejects senior apartment plan for former Moor Mud Baths Resort site
- Final two Waukesha elementary schools set to receive iPads
- Waukesha pools closing for the season
- Waukesha woman accused of striking children, husband after night of drinking
- It was a twister in Waukesha, after all, National Weather Service says (1)
- Waukesha's La Casa de Esperanza opens its new charter school
- Trial date set in Slender Man case in Waukesha (1)