A 48-year-old Waukesha man was accused on Wednesday, June 18, of masturbating while viewing pornographic images on a computer at the Waukesha Public Library.
Gerard Streator was charged on Thursday, June 19, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with lewd and lascivious behavior as well as felony and misdemeanor bail jumping. Streator is currently standing trial for another indecent exposure case, according to court records.
If convicted on the new charges, he faces up to 71/2 years in prison and $30,000 in fines.
According to the criminal complaint, Waukesha police responded to the library around 3:30 p.m. on June 18 to a report of indecent exposure. A library employee allegedly witnessed Streator viewing pornography and masturbating while sitting at a public-access computer.
Streator reportedly admitted to exposing his genitals when confronted by police, but also claimed he began researching how the sun was created once he realized his browsing time had almost expired.
Streator is currently being held at the county jail on a $2,500 cash band. If released, he is prohibited from the library premises.
His next court hearing is scheduled for Wednesday, July 9.
- Reconstruction of Tenny Avenue in Waukesha prompts short-term closure of nearby intersection
- Funeral services: May 26, 2016 issue
- Ex-Waukesha man accused of reckless homicide in heroin overdose death
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Lion King, gallery art and more
- Blair Innovation Flair creates challenges for all to share
- Construction won't stop Waukesha's annual Memorial Day festivities
- Waukesha police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- Greats Lakes panel approves Waukesha water application with conditions
- Q&A with Jody Landish, Waukesha schools' new assistant superintendent
- Construction cuts into major roadways in Waukesha this year