A 48-year-old Waukesha man was accused on Wednesday, June 18, of masturbating while viewing pornographic images on a computer at the Waukesha Public Library.
Gerard Streator was charged on Thursday, June 19, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with lewd and lascivious behavior as well as felony and misdemeanor bail jumping. Streator is currently standing trial for another indecent exposure case, according to court records.
If convicted on the new charges, he faces up to 71/2 years in prison and $30,000 in fines.
According to the criminal complaint, Waukesha police responded to the library around 3:30 p.m. on June 18 to a report of indecent exposure. A library employee allegedly witnessed Streator viewing pornography and masturbating while sitting at a public-access computer.
Streator reportedly admitted to exposing his genitals when confronted by police, but also claimed he began researching how the sun was created once he realized his browsing time had almost expired.
Streator is currently being held at the county jail on a $2,500 cash band. If released, he is prohibited from the library premises.
His next court hearing is scheduled for Wednesday, July 9.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Shoppes at Fox River coming before Waukesha Plan Commission for final approval
- Waukesha South hosting alumni show
- UW-Waukesha presents classy 'Kiss Me, Kate'
- Waukesha Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Waukesha man accused of suffocating ex-girlfriend twice during dispute
- Brewers' Hank the Dog coming to Waukesha
- Forums for District 97 state assembly race coming up
- Scorpion Trike strikes where it counts for Waukesha design firm
- Weather has slowed down field turf project at Waukesha schools
- City of Waukesha debates how to fill top-level jobs