A 17-year-old linked to a recent string of burglaries in the city of Waukesha was taken into custody on Monday, July 14.
According to a news release from the Waukesha Police Department, at approximately 3 p.m. Monday, the Waukesha Police Department arrested a suspect believed to be responsible for several recent burglaries on the south side of the city.
A search warrant was subsequently conducted at a residence in the 300 block of Douglass Avenue. The search closed down portions of the street and brought out the SWAT Team. According to Lt. Tom Wagner, the police department recovered the majority of the items taken in the burglaries, including stolen guns.
Police did not release the name of the suspect. Police said the burglaries included several occupied residences where homeowners were sleeping.
The investigation is ongoing, but Wagner said police believe the suspect is responsible for at least five recent burglaries. The suspect was scheduled to appear Wednesday, July 16, on the charges in court.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Election 2014: State Assembly District 83 Voter's Guide
- Slender Man stabbing suspect's attorney contesting doctor's ruling that Anissa Weier is competent
- Competency evaluation results for Anissa Weier, one of Slender Man stabbing suspects, will be revealed in court
- Waukesha man charged with threatening and sexually assaulting his wife
- Waukesha man accused of raping his disabled ex-girlfriend
- West Virginia man convicted of stalking terminally-ill teenage Waukesha girl
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Flu shots, concealed carry classes and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Oct. 23, 2014 issue
- Want to help the Waukesha Police Department? Here's your chance
- Lifeway Foods moving along with renovations at former Golden Guernsey plant in Waukesha