A 17-year-old linked to a recent string of burglaries in the city of Waukesha was taken into custody on Monday, July 14.
According to a news release from the Waukesha Police Department, at approximately 3 p.m. Monday, the Waukesha Police Department arrested a suspect believed to be responsible for several recent burglaries on the south side of the city.
A search warrant was subsequently conducted at a residence in the 300 block of Douglass Avenue. The search closed down portions of the street and brought out the SWAT Team. According to Lt. Tom Wagner, the police department recovered the majority of the items taken in the burglaries, including stolen guns.
Police did not release the name of the suspect. Police said the burglaries included several occupied residences where homeowners were sleeping.
The investigation is ongoing, but Wagner said police believe the suspect is responsible for at least five recent burglaries. The suspect was scheduled to appear Wednesday, July 16, on the charges in court.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha pools closing for the season
- Waukesha woman accused of striking children, husband after night of drinking
- It was a twister in Waukesha, after all, National Weather Service says
- Waukesha's La Casa de Esperanza opens its new charter school
- Trial date set in Slender Man case in Waukesha (1)
- Waukesha Community Briefs: HAWS collection drive, Dialogue Initiative and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- Waukesha Catholic schools make a welcoming Choice in revised voucher program
- Homeless Waukesha man charged with battering woman (1)
- Waukesha again seeks public's assistance in funding downtown holiday lights