Two additional teenage male suspects have been arrested in connection to the recent burglaries on the southwest side of Waukesha.
This came just a day after a 17-year-old boy, linked to the same burglaries, was arrested.
The two new male suspects are 18 years old. All three are Waukesha residents.
According to a news release from the police department on Wednesday, multiple charges have been referred to the Waukesha County District Attorney's Office, including multiple burglary counts, attempted burglary, armed burglary, felon in use of pepper spray and a felon in possession of a firearm.
The suspects in many cases entered the homes while people were sleeping last week on the southwest side of the city.
According to police reports, a string of thefts and burglaries started on July 9.
One incident occurred overnight at Dana Lane when the suspects broke into a residence through a basement window, stole $125 in cash and an iPad.
Two iPads, a cellphone and other items were also stolen overnight July 9-10 from a residence on Leslie Lane.
Moreover, a side door of a garage at Riverton Drive was pried open and items were stolen from the garage overnight.
Another burglary occurred overnight July 12-13 at a residence on Thrush Lane, which is also on the soutwest side of the city, south of Highway 59 and west of Oakdale Drive.
According to the police report, a house was broken into and multiple guns, including a revolver and a shot gun, were stolen from the basement.
"While the Waukesha Police Department and the citizens of Waukesha are relieved that these three suspects are in custody, it is important for people to continue to be vigilant, lock their doors and report any suspicious activity," Lt. Tom Wagner of the Waukesha Police Department said.
Waukesha police believe these suspects are responsible for at least five recent burglaries in the area. Police have recovered the majority of the items taken in the burglaries, including stolen guns.
The 17-year-old suspect was scheduled to make his first court appearance on Wednesday afternoon at the Waukesha County Courthouse.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha County detective Peter Korns arrested, charged for domestic-related incident
- 'Suspicious' Halloween decoration turns out to be mannequin in a tree
- Waukesha man accused of repeatedly manufacturing, selling cocaine
- Waukesha man accused of molesting, groping his granddaughter for years
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Apple harvest, lawn care and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Sept. 18, 2014 issue
- Waukesha wants judge to reverse ruling on former fire chief's job
- Waukesha asks public for help to fund new downtown holiday lights
- Second stabbing suspect to be mentally evaluated in Waukesha Slender Man case
- The Clarke Hotel in downtown Waukesha again looks to fill vacancy with general manager stepping down