The proposed expansions to The Shoppes at Fox River on Waukesha's southwest side will come before the Plan Commission for final approval Wednesday night.
The commission is scheduled to review and act on a final site plan and the architectural planned unit development review of the project, located on the west side of Sunset Drive on the corner of Chapman and Spring City drives. The proposed expansion could bring in six additional retail/dining outlets.
The developers of The Shoppes at Fox River have not revealed who the interested new tenants are for the site but did drop a few hints at a recent Common Council meeting.
Edward Wizner, the vice president of development/redevelopment for Ramco Gershenson Properties Trust, said "a large sporting goods store" could come to the shopping center as well as a well known national restaurant.
Wizner said he couldn't disclose the tenants until a lease is signed or until all the necessary approvals are given.
At the July 1 Common Council meeting, the council approved multiple items relating to the project, including the preliminary site plan and architectural review.
The council also approved a change in the land use plan for 9.86 acres from industrial to commercial and rezoned the site from Limited Business and Industrial Park to a Community Business Planned Unit Development. These approvals needed to happen for the project to continue moving forward.
If the development gets final approval tonight and later by the Common Council, the additions would join a growing shopping center that has expanded over the last four years.
The anchor tenants at the site are Pick 'n Save, Target, TJ Maxx, Hobby Lobby as well as national food chains.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Erik Helgestad appointed to the Waukesha Common Council
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Robotics class, concealed carry, job fair and more
- Waukesha Reads program continues: Oct. 8-14 events
- Vietnamese restaurant Pho King opens, pizza eatery Bobanna's closes in Waukesha (1)
- Food drive grows bigger in Waukesha's District 12
- Xperience Fitness and Dollar Tree open in old Waukesha Kmart
- West Allis man charged with video taping women's restroom at UW-Waukesha
- Housing development hopes to stay at home in town of Waukesha (1)
- Waukesha officials try to plug holes tied to GE move
- Waukesha Police Report: Oct. 8, 2015 issue