The proposed expansions to The Shoppes at Fox River on Waukesha's southwest side will come before the Plan Commission for final approval Wednesday night.
The commission is scheduled to review and act on a final site plan and the architectural planned unit development review of the project, located on the west side of Sunset Drive on the corner of Chapman and Spring City drives. The proposed expansion could bring in six additional retail/dining outlets.
The developers of The Shoppes at Fox River have not revealed who the interested new tenants are for the site but did drop a few hints at a recent Common Council meeting.
Edward Wizner, the vice president of development/redevelopment for Ramco Gershenson Properties Trust, said "a large sporting goods store" could come to the shopping center as well as a well known national restaurant.
Wizner said he couldn't disclose the tenants until a lease is signed or until all the necessary approvals are given.
At the July 1 Common Council meeting, the council approved multiple items relating to the project, including the preliminary site plan and architectural review.
The council also approved a change in the land use plan for 9.86 acres from industrial to commercial and rezoned the site from Limited Business and Industrial Park to a Community Business Planned Unit Development. These approvals needed to happen for the project to continue moving forward.
If the development gets final approval tonight and later by the Common Council, the additions would join a growing shopping center that has expanded over the last four years.
The anchor tenants at the site are Pick 'n Save, Target, TJ Maxx, Hobby Lobby as well as national food chains.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha man is winner of $1 million Mega Millions prize
- Suspects from Hartland, Oconomowoc charged for their alleged roles in robbery of Waukesha bank
- Sprizzo Gallery Caffé closes in downtown Waukesha
- Senior housing now part of plan for Fox Head Residences in Waukesha
- Waukesha Community Briefs: UW-W drama, Gaelic library events and more
- Waukesha Police Report: March 5, 2015 issue
- Waukesha man accused of sexually assaulting a 17-year-old girl
- Waukesha man reportedly robbed gas station after 'giving up on life'
- Waukesha woman accused of killing a 2-year-old girl gets trial date
- Attorneys in Slender Man stabbing case make final plea in effort to reclassify offense