Waukesha County Fair officals are calling it one of the best attended fairs in its 172 year history.
“We had an amazing fair this year," said Shari Black, the fair's executive director. "Finally the weather cooperated with us."
Comfortable temperatures and no rain helped significantly boost attendance figures from last year, Black said.
Black said 133,725 people attended the annual five-day event, which wrapped up Sunday on the Waukesha County Expo Center Grounds.
This total is about 45,000 more people than last year, when heat advisories were issued for the first three days and rain on the final day caused the main concert to be canceled.
This year's attendance total was also more than the successful 2012 fair when about 125,000 people attended the fair. The last time the fair reached at least 130,000 visitors came in 2009.
Black credits her team for the fair's continued success.
"I want to thank all of the fair board members, committee and association members, volunteers and staff who gave us their all again this year to put on an exceptional event," Black said. "Without their hard work and dedication, we would not have such an outstanding fair.”
For photos of some of the fair's events see our photo gallery.
Lake Country Publications also had a daily blog with articles, pictures and video from the fair.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Site of former Kmart in Waukesha on Sunset Drive will be redeveloped
- New Salvation Army officers learning Waukesha
- Waukesha Slender Man stabbing suspects returning to court for competency hearings
- Waukesha Plan Commission shops for better plan for vacant Kmart
- Waukesha Police Report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- Fire damages American Auto Body in Waukesha
- Farnsworth breeds 100,000th cow
- Waukesha police looking into leads from armed robbery near Carroll University
- Waukesha STEM students win Young Inventors Challenge at Chicago Toy & Game Fair
- Carroll University student injured in armed robbery near campus (1)