Waukesha police respond to couple fighting after an alleged argument over dance music at Salty Toad
The selection of dance music at one downtown Waukesha bar apparently led to a couple fighting and police having to intervene.
According to the police blotter, Waukesha police responded to a domestic disturbance call after someone reported a man and a woman fighting at 151 E. St. Paul Ave. at 8:47 p.m. July 19.
The caller said it appeared that the woman hit the man and was yelling for him to get away from her as they walked through the Waukesha State Bank parking lot near the Riverwalk.
Police, however, learned that the man and woman, who were both heavily intoxicated, were fighting over what song to dance to at the Salty Toad in downtown Waukesha earlier in the night.
The man’s story, however, changed multiple times and there wasn't enough criteria for a domestic arrest.
Catch this item as well as other police calls in Waukesha NOW's weekly police blotter page in Thursday's print edition as well as online.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Journal Sentinel editorial: Maybe city and town of Brookfields should become one, rather than the town becoming a village
- Bedroom fire causes significant damage to Waukesha home
- The Spoon restaurant near downtown Waukesha closed 'until further notice'
- Fire damages home at Wexford Court in Waukesha
- Waukesha man sentenced to prison for his role in 2014 shooting on Kensington Drive
- Taco John's donates 10 percent of sales to family of Saeed Sharwani
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Grocery tips, eco-friendly workshops and more
- Mom bails out son, drives him to ex-girlfriend's house for confrontation (1)
- Waukesha Police Report: Jan. 29, 2015 issue
- Mia Famiglia bringing Sicilian cooking to downtown Waukesha