Waukesha police respond to couple fighting after an alleged argument over dance music at Salty Toad
The selection of dance music at one downtown Waukesha bar apparently led to a couple fighting and police having to intervene.
According to the police blotter, Waukesha police responded to a domestic disturbance call after someone reported a man and a woman fighting at 151 E. St. Paul Ave. at 8:47 p.m. July 19.
The caller said it appeared that the woman hit the man and was yelling for him to get away from her as they walked through the Waukesha State Bank parking lot near the Riverwalk.
Police, however, learned that the man and woman, who were both heavily intoxicated, were fighting over what song to dance to at the Salty Toad in downtown Waukesha earlier in the night.
The man’s story, however, changed multiple times and there wasn't enough criteria for a domestic arrest.
Catch this item as well as other police calls in Waukesha NOW's weekly police blotter page in Thursday's print edition as well as online.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City of Waukesha seeks grant for trail land acquisition
- Montessori School in Waukesha expanding its campus
- Ambulance fees increasing by 5 percent in the city of Waukesha
- Xperience Fitness, Dollar Tree already committed to old Kmart site
- Waukesha Slender Man stabbing suspects both found competent to proceed
- Site of former Kmart in Waukesha on Sunset Drive will be redeveloped
- New Salvation Army officers learning Waukesha
- Waukesha Slender Man stabbing suspects returning to court for competency hearings
- Waukesha Plan Commission shops for better plan for vacant Kmart
- Waukesha Police Report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue