Waukesha police respond to couple fighting after an alleged argument over dance music at Salty Toad
The selection of dance music at one downtown Waukesha bar apparently led to a couple fighting and police having to intervene.
According to the police blotter, Waukesha police responded to a domestic disturbance call after someone reported a man and a woman fighting at 151 E. St. Paul Ave. at 8:47 p.m. July 19.
The caller said it appeared that the woman hit the man and was yelling for him to get away from her as they walked through the Waukesha State Bank parking lot near the Riverwalk.
Police, however, learned that the man and woman, who were both heavily intoxicated, were fighting over what song to dance to at the Salty Toad in downtown Waukesha earlier in the night.
The man’s story, however, changed multiple times and there wasn't enough criteria for a domestic arrest.
Catch this item as well as other police calls in Waukesha NOW's weekly police blotter page in Thursday's print edition as well as online.
- Funeral services: May 26, 2016 issue
- Ex-Waukesha man accused of reckless homicide in heroin overdose death
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Lion King, gallery art and more
- Blair Innovation Flair creates challenges for all to share
- Construction won't stop Waukesha's annual Memorial Day festivities
- Waukesha police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- Greats Lakes panel approves Waukesha water application with conditions
- Q&A with Jody Landish, Waukesha schools' new assistant superintendent
- Construction cuts into major roadways in Waukesha this year
- Man flown to hospital after attempted suicide in Waukesha