Waukesha police respond to couple fighting after an alleged argument over dance music at Salty Toad
The selection of dance music at one downtown Waukesha bar apparently led to a couple fighting and police having to intervene.
According to the police blotter, Waukesha police responded to a domestic disturbance call after someone reported a man and a woman fighting at 151 E. St. Paul Ave. at 8:47 p.m. July 19.
The caller said it appeared that the woman hit the man and was yelling for him to get away from her as they walked through the Waukesha State Bank parking lot near the Riverwalk.
Police, however, learned that the man and woman, who were both heavily intoxicated, were fighting over what song to dance to at the Salty Toad in downtown Waukesha earlier in the night.
The man’s story, however, changed multiple times and there wasn't enough criteria for a domestic arrest.
Catch this item as well as other police calls in Waukesha NOW's weekly police blotter page in Thursday's print edition as well as online.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha woman allegedly 'went nuts,' cut and beat her friends, during disagreement
- Waukesha School District expanding partnership with Montessori private school
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Gotta Have Heart fundraiser, healthy grocery shopping and more
- In honor of Earth Day, volunteers will be out cleaning downtown Waukesha
- Drug deal gone wrong leads to armed robbery charges against three Waukesha men
- New high school grading system in Waukesha all about clarity
- Waukesha Police Report: April 23, 2015
- Waukesha County Museum's long-term plan goes into motion
- Brian Dorow joins Kapenga in District 33 state Senate race
- Waukesha County Museum redevelopment plan coming before city panel