Cuddles, a stuffed animal and gift store, is closing its doors after more than 30 years of operating in downtown Waukesha.
With owner Sally Shoemaker retiring, the store will close on Thursday, July 31.
Shoemaker has been holding a retirement sale over the last few days and will until Thursday at the 231 W. Main St. store.
For many years, Cuddles was located at the Five Points on Broadway Street, where The Clarke Hotel is now located.
In 2009, however, the shop moved into Martha Merrell's Books on Main Street.
Martha Merrell's Books will remain open.
Waukesha NOW will have a feature on Shoemaker and Cuddles' run in downtown Waukesha in next week's print edition and online.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Blood drive, walk to fight human trafficking, and more
- Waukesha Police Report: May 28, 2015 issue
- Village of Brookfield proposal draws out divergent opinions, pro and con, at hearing
- Waukesha stays on the road to updated construction this summer
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Local author's novel introduction, lantern walk and more
- Waukesha Police Report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Memorial Day recognition includes parade in Waukesha
- One year later, no resolution in Waukesha Slender Man case
- City officials hope new directional signs to downtown assists in revitalization effort
- Waukesha man charged after exposing genitals to gas station clerk