Cuddles, a stuffed animal and gift store, is closing its doors after more than 30 years of operating in downtown Waukesha.
With owner Sally Shoemaker retiring, the store will close on Thursday, July 31.
Shoemaker has been holding a retirement sale over the last few days and will until Thursday at the 231 W. Main St. store.
For many years, Cuddles was located at the Five Points on Broadway Street, where The Clarke Hotel is now located.
In 2009, however, the shop moved into Martha Merrell's Books on Main Street.
Martha Merrell's Books will remain open.
Waukesha NOW will have a feature on Shoemaker and Cuddles' run in downtown Waukesha in next week's print edition and online.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha woman accused of stabbing boyfriend: 'you mess with me, you get cut'
- Several animals die in Waukesha house fire
- Multiple railroad crossings in Waukesha to receive repairs
- Editorial: It's time for the water fights to end
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Harp performers, Tribute concert series and more
- Waukesha Police Report: July 2, 2015 issue
- Parade, fireworks highlight Fourth of July festivities in Waukesha
- Top 10 things to do in Waukesha this summer
- Jury trials scheduled for Waukesha gas station homicide suspects
- Committee moves proposed downtown Waukesha apartment forward