Cuddles, a stuffed animal and gift store, is closing its doors after more than 30 years of operating in downtown Waukesha.
With owner Sally Shoemaker retiring, the store will close on Thursday, July 31.
Shoemaker has been holding a retirement sale over the last few days and will until Thursday at the 231 W. Main St. store.
For many years, Cuddles was located at the Five Points on Broadway Street, where The Clarke Hotel is now located.
In 2009, however, the shop moved into Martha Merrell's Books on Main Street.
Martha Merrell's Books will remain open.
Waukesha NOW will have a feature on Shoemaker and Cuddles' run in downtown Waukesha in next week's print edition and online.
- Reconstruction of Tenny Avenue in Waukesha prompts short-term closure of nearby intersection
- Funeral services: May 26, 2016 issue
- Ex-Waukesha man accused of reckless homicide in heroin overdose death
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Lion King, gallery art and more
- Blair Innovation Flair creates challenges for all to share
- Construction won't stop Waukesha's annual Memorial Day festivities
- Waukesha police report: May 26, 2016 issue
- Greats Lakes panel approves Waukesha water application with conditions
- Q&A with Jody Landish, Waukesha schools' new assistant superintendent
- Construction cuts into major roadways in Waukesha this year