After casting his ballot Tuesday morning in Wauwatosa, Gov. Scott Walker will return to southeastern Wisconsin for an election night rally in Waukesha.
Walker will give his post-election remarks at the Republican Party of Waukesha County's main office, 1701 Pearl St., on Waukesha's east side.
Doors open at 8:45 p.m. with the start time scheduled for 9:15 p.m. Walker is scheduled to give his remarks at 10 p.m.
Walker is up for re-election. The Republican governor will likely face Democratic challenger Mary Burke in the general election on Nov. 4.
While those two will face off in November, the Republican primary election in two Waukesha County races will in effect crown the winners for the 97th Assembly District and Waukesha County sheriff
That's because there isn't a Democratic primary in those two races.
Six candidates from Waukesha are squaring off for the 97th Assembly District seat. The winner will replace Rep. Bill Kramer (R-Waukesha), who is not seeking re-election amid sexual assault charges in Waukesha County.
Meanwhile, Eric Severson, an inspector with the sheriff's department, and Tom Alioto, a former town of Lisbon police sergeant, are the two Republican candidates looking to replace Dan Trawicki, who is retiring at the end of the year.
Polls close at 8 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Journal Sentinel editorial: Maybe city and town of Brookfields should become one, rather than the town becoming a village
- Bedroom fire causes significant damage to Waukesha home
- The Spoon restaurant near downtown Waukesha closed 'until further notice'
- Fire damages home at Wexford Court in Waukesha
- Waukesha man sentenced to prison for his role in 2014 shooting on Kensington Drive
- Taco John's donates 10 percent of sales to family of Saeed Sharwani
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Grocery tips, eco-friendly workshops and more
- Mom bails out son, drives him to ex-girlfriend's house for confrontation (1)
- Waukesha Police Report: Jan. 29, 2015 issue
- Mia Famiglia bringing Sicilian cooking to downtown Waukesha