After casting his ballot Tuesday morning in Wauwatosa, Gov. Scott Walker will return to southeastern Wisconsin for an election night rally in Waukesha.
Walker will give his post-election remarks at the Republican Party of Waukesha County's main office, 1701 Pearl St., on Waukesha's east side.
Doors open at 8:45 p.m. with the start time scheduled for 9:15 p.m. Walker is scheduled to give his remarks at 10 p.m.
Walker is up for re-election. The Republican governor will likely face Democratic challenger Mary Burke in the general election on Nov. 4.
While those two will face off in November, the Republican primary election in two Waukesha County races will in effect crown the winners for the 97th Assembly District and Waukesha County sheriff
That's because there isn't a Democratic primary in those two races.
Six candidates from Waukesha are squaring off for the 97th Assembly District seat. The winner will replace Rep. Bill Kramer (R-Waukesha), who is not seeking re-election amid sexual assault charges in Waukesha County.
Meanwhile, Eric Severson, an inspector with the sheriff's department, and Tom Alioto, a former town of Lisbon police sergeant, are the two Republican candidates looking to replace Dan Trawicki, who is retiring at the end of the year.
Polls close at 8 p.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Site of former Kmart in Waukesha on Sunset Drive will be redeveloped
- New Salvation Army officers learning Waukesha
- Waukesha Slender Man stabbing suspects returning to court for competency hearings
- Waukesha Plan Commission shops for better plan for vacant Kmart
- Waukesha Police Report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- Fire damages American Auto Body in Waukesha
- Farnsworth breeds 100,000th cow
- Waukesha police looking into leads from armed robbery near Carroll University
- Waukesha STEM students win Young Inventors Challenge at Chicago Toy & Game Fair
- Carroll University student injured in armed robbery near campus (1)