This must have been some lottery ticket, because most everyone in the area apparently heard the celebration.
According to the police blotter, a caller reported that a man was screaming in the Cutler Park area just after 9 p.m. Aug. 6.
Shortly after, another person called police to report the same thing.
Two minutes later, another person reported hearing a "loud commotion."
A minute later, a fourth person called police stating the man was walking on Maple Avenue.
Police met a couple on the corner of West Park Avenue and Maple Avenue, who said their neighbor was making the noise.
When police tracked down the man in the Waukesha Public Library parking lot, 321 Wisconsin Ave., the man told police he was just excited about having a winning scratch-off lottery ticket.
Police advised the man of his behavior.
To see other calls into the Waukesha Police Department as well as where the thefts and burglaries are taking place in the city, see Waukesha Now's weekly police blotter page.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Site of former Kmart in Waukesha on Sunset Drive will be redeveloped
- New Salvation Army officers learning Waukesha
- Waukesha Slender Man stabbing suspects returning to court for competency hearings
- Waukesha Plan Commission shops for better plan for vacant Kmart
- Waukesha Police Report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue
- Fire damages American Auto Body in Waukesha
- Farnsworth breeds 100,000th cow
- Waukesha police looking into leads from armed robbery near Carroll University
- Waukesha STEM students win Young Inventors Challenge at Chicago Toy & Game Fair
- Carroll University student injured in armed robbery near campus (1)