This must have been some lottery ticket, because most everyone in the area apparently heard the celebration.
According to the police blotter, a caller reported that a man was screaming in the Cutler Park area just after 9 p.m. Aug. 6.
Shortly after, another person called police to report the same thing.
Two minutes later, another person reported hearing a "loud commotion."
A minute later, a fourth person called police stating the man was walking on Maple Avenue.
Police met a couple on the corner of West Park Avenue and Maple Avenue, who said their neighbor was making the noise.
When police tracked down the man in the Waukesha Public Library parking lot, 321 Wisconsin Ave., the man told police he was just excited about having a winning scratch-off lottery ticket.
Police advised the man of his behavior.
To see other calls into the Waukesha Police Department as well as where the thefts and burglaries are taking place in the city, see Waukesha Now's weekly police blotter page.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New downtown apartment complex part of plan to save Waukesha County Museum
- Waukesha police investigating death of man found on sidewalk
- Waukesha police arrest Associated Bank armed robbery suspects
- Waukesha County Board gives staff go-ahead to seek redevelopment proposals on old HHS building
- Waukesha man allegedly involved in shooting incident gets reduced bail
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Home improvement show, pancake fest and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Feb. 26, 2015 issue
- Two masked men rob Associated Bank in Waukesha at gunpoint
- Another wine bar could be coming to downtown Waukesha
- Darrin Malone, final suspect in Waukesha gas station homicide, arrested in Milwaukee