This must have been some lottery ticket, because most everyone in the area apparently heard the celebration.
According to the police blotter, a caller reported that a man was screaming in the Cutler Park area just after 9 p.m. Aug. 6.
Shortly after, another person called police to report the same thing.
Two minutes later, another person reported hearing a "loud commotion."
A minute later, a fourth person called police stating the man was walking on Maple Avenue.
Police met a couple on the corner of West Park Avenue and Maple Avenue, who said their neighbor was making the noise.
When police tracked down the man in the Waukesha Public Library parking lot, 321 Wisconsin Ave., the man told police he was just excited about having a winning scratch-off lottery ticket.
Police advised the man of his behavior.
To see other calls into the Waukesha Police Department as well as where the thefts and burglaries are taking place in the city, see Waukesha Now's weekly police blotter page.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha North going for its eighth straight state band title
- Town of Waukesha chairman John Marek seeking District 15 supervisor seat
- Man charged with drunken driving in crash that injured his family
- Waukesha won't provide fire services to New Berlin
- Spread Your Wings: Oct. 16, 2014
- Student Notes: Oct. 16, 2014
- On the Move: Oct. 16, 2014
- Public Forum: Historic Waukesha building needs to be saved
- Deadline to submit comments on West Waukesha Bypass is next week
- Waukesha Community Briefs: immunizations, book festival and more