This must have been some lottery ticket, because most everyone in the area apparently heard the celebration.
According to the police blotter, a caller reported that a man was screaming in the Cutler Park area just after 9 p.m. Aug. 6.
Shortly after, another person called police to report the same thing.
Two minutes later, another person reported hearing a "loud commotion."
A minute later, a fourth person called police stating the man was walking on Maple Avenue.
Police met a couple on the corner of West Park Avenue and Maple Avenue, who said their neighbor was making the noise.
When police tracked down the man in the Waukesha Public Library parking lot, 321 Wisconsin Ave., the man told police he was just excited about having a winning scratch-off lottery ticket.
Police advised the man of his behavior.
To see other calls into the Waukesha Police Department as well as where the thefts and burglaries are taking place in the city, see Waukesha Now's weekly police blotter page.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha pools closing for the season
- Waukesha woman accused of striking children, husband after night of drinking
- It was a twister in Waukesha, after all, National Weather Service says
- Waukesha's La Casa de Esperanza opens its new charter school
- Trial date set in Slender Man case in Waukesha (1)
- Waukesha Community Briefs: HAWS collection drive, Dialogue Initiative and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Aug. 27, 2015 issue
- Waukesha Catholic schools make a welcoming Choice in revised voucher program
- Homeless Waukesha man charged with battering woman (1)
- Waukesha again seeks public's assistance in funding downtown holiday lights