A 59-year-old Waukesha man allegedly downloaded several illegal pornographic videos of children because he had a "morbid curiosity" about them.
Michael Harpe, 3015 Minot Lane, was charged on Wednesday, Aug. 13, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with ten felony counts of child porn possession.
Each charge carries a maximum penalty of 25 years in prison and $100,000 in fines.
According to the criminal complaint, Waukesha police served a search warrant on Harpe's residence on Tuesday, Aug. 11, and found numerous child porn videos on Harpe's external hard drive and cell phone.
There were two more videos on the phone, reportedly shot by Harpe, showing Harpe's 14-year-old niece walking around a hot tub, seemingly unaware that she was being recorded.
Harpe said in the complaint that he believes adults engage in sexual activity with children because adults can control children and "brainwash them."
He also said that he loved to watch "pretty, young girls," and that he preferred the girls that were 6 to 9 years old, according to the complaint.
Harpe was ordered to be held at the county jail on a $100,000 cash bond.
His next court hearing is scheduled for Friday, Aug. 22.
- Unfavorable weather crimps attendance at Waukesha County Fair
- Judge: Prison for Waukesha man who led police on naked, drug-fueled pursuit
- Ex-Kmart site in Waukesha to grow with new freestanding retail building
- Plans for new Mad Rooster Cafe net final approval from Waukesha Plan Commission
- Power outage temporarily closes Waukesha County Courthouse, administrative buildings
- Assembly District 83 candidates agree on taxes, differ on opiate issue
- GOP vice presidential candidate Mike Pence to hold rally at Waukesha County Expo Center
- Waukesha man accused of spitting on, trying to bite police officers
- Waukesha panel OKs La Casa de Esperanza's charter school expansion
- Waukesha planning staff mulling another downtown apartment project