A 59-year-old Waukesha man allegedly downloaded several illegal pornographic videos of children because he had a "morbid curiosity" about them.
Michael Harpe, 3015 Minot Lane, was charged on Wednesday, Aug. 13, in Waukesha County Circuit Court with ten felony counts of child porn possession.
Each charge carries a maximum penalty of 25 years in prison and $100,000 in fines.
According to the criminal complaint, Waukesha police served a search warrant on Harpe's residence on Tuesday, Aug. 11, and found numerous child porn videos on Harpe's external hard drive and cell phone.
There were two more videos on the phone, reportedly shot by Harpe, showing Harpe's 14-year-old niece walking around a hot tub, seemingly unaware that she was being recorded.
Harpe said in the complaint that he believes adults engage in sexual activity with children because adults can control children and "brainwash them."
He also said that he loved to watch "pretty, young girls," and that he preferred the girls that were 6 to 9 years old, according to the complaint.
Harpe was ordered to be held at the county jail on a $100,000 cash bond.
His next court hearing is scheduled for Friday, Aug. 22.
- Judge: Prison for Waukesha man who groped teenage girl, threatened her to drop charges
- Getaway driver gets eight years in prison for role in Waukesha gas station homicide
- Waukesha Farmers Market set to kickoff 2016 season May 7
- Funeral Services: April 28, 2016 issue
- Longtime local criminal Julio Alvarez gets prison for robbing Waukesha gas station (1)
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Healthy kids, Arbor Day and more
- Waukesha police report: April 28, 2016 issue
- Waukesha West students learn global lessons up close on service trip
- Proposed strip mall, eatery could replace Gasthaus restaurant
- Proposed apartment project for Waukesha County Museum remains stalled