Waukesha — Investigators have concluded that a fire of undetermined origin caused about $100,000 damage Friday and forced a family from their home.
No injuries were reported as a result of the fire, which broke out about 1 a.m. in the 1200 block of Aldoro Drive.
Waukesha Fire Department officials said the family of two adults and two children escaped unharmed, along with the family dog.
Assistant Fire Chief Steve Howard said the fire began on a wooden front porch, but spread inside the home and engulfed the one-story building.
The home sustained significant damage and was left uninhabitable.
Howard said the blaze was not suspicious, although investigators have not been able to pin down the cause.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Lifeway Foods CEO looking forward to future in Waukesha
- Neighbors unite beautifying turf
- Waukesha GuitarTown project shaping up
- Waukesha Memorial Day parade is Monday
- Waukesha STEM Academy names new principal
- More than 342 acres of town land could be annexed into the city
- Police Report: May 23
- Mountain bike trail to open June 1 in Waukesha's Minooka Park (2)
- Fracaro's Lanes in Waukesha celebrates 80th year
- Military-style grenade forced home evacuation