The Hobby Lobby store, part of The Shoppes at Fox River located at W. Sunset Drive and Oakdale Drive, is open and will hold a grand opening ceremony at 9 a.m. Monday.
The 55,000-square-foot retail store is the first of its kind in the Milwaukee metro area and 14th location in Wisconsin.
The store’s grand opening and ribbon cutting ceremony is open to the public.
Local officials and representatives from the city’s Chamber of Commerce and other business leaders will attend the ceremony at the store, 1160 W. Sunset Drive, Suite 104.
Hobby Lobby, headquartered in Oklahoma City, is a privately-held national retail chain of craft and home décor stores.
“We feel blessed for the fantastic opportunity to be a part of this community,” said John Schumacher, assistant vice president of advertising. “Our goal is for customers to experience the exceptional selection and value Hobby Lobby offers as we continue to expand nationwide.”
The Hobby Lobby is the latest expansion in The Shoppes at Fox River in recent years. Phase I of the project included a 60,000-square-foot Pick 'n Save and 132,000-square-foot Target and other smaller stores.
The first phase of Phase II of the development that opened in late 2012 included T.J. Maxx, Ulta Salon and Cosmetics, Rue 21 and Charming Charlie's.
The first development in Phase II included more than 47,000-square-feet of retail space on six of the 18 acres of developed land adjacent to the existing Phase I buildings.
- 2016 Waukesha County Fair coverage
- Our Fair Ladies Blog: Video: Crafting and animal races at the Waukesha County Fair
- Outstanding fees could prevent students from graduation ceremonies
- Studio time gives students opportunity to create
- Stay cool at Hebron House and Jeremy Safe Haven
- Waukesha Salvation Army offering cool place to stay in light of impending heat wave
- Crest owner brings Irish flavor to new venture in downtown Waukesha
- Funeral Services: July 21, 2016 issue
- Complaint: Waukesha woman, drunk, grabbed gun following phone dispute
- Waukesha police report: July 21, 2016 issue