The 75-year-old man who was killed in a one-car crash Thursday in Waukesha was dragged for about 240 feet before his vehicle stopped on Madison Street at Comanche Lane.
Kirk Bechtel was still in his seat belt as he was dragged under his car on Madison Street, Waukesha police said.
Lt. Joe Hendricks of the Waukesha Police Department's Criminal Investigations Division said Bechtel was crushed by his own vehicle.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene after life-saving efforts were unsuccessful.
The investigation remains ongoing, Hendricks said.
The Waukesha Police and Fire departments responded to the scene at about 7:45 p.m. Thursday after receiving information of a man trapped underneath his car in the area of Comanche Lane and Madison Street.
When they arrived to the scene, they found Bechtel pinned under his vehicle at the bottom of a hill.
There is no further information being released at this time.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Gov. Walker lays out timeline for District 33 state Senate election
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Composting workshop, blood drives and more
- Waukesha Police Report: May 7, 2015 issue
- Waukesha man charged with threatening wife with two butcher knives
- Parents concerned about junior/senior prank wars in Waukesha (1)
- Concerns raised by Waukesha residents prompt traffic study at proposed Kwik Trip
- New multifamily development being proposed for downtown Waukesha
- Waukesha County Airport $11 million upgrade finally takes flight
- Cause of scrap yard fire at Waukesha Iron and Metal will remain a mystery
- New downtown candle store will hold grand opening Saturday