On Friday, Feb. 7, Carroll University will host Congressman Paul Ryan for a presentation on how he believes the federal government and its leaders can work to expand economic opportunity for the Millennial generation.
"Expanding Opportunity for Young Americans” will begin at 11 a.m. in the auditorium of Shattuck Music Center, 218 N. East Ave., Waukesha. A question-and-answer session will follow. This event is free and open to the public.
Ryan’s remarks will focus on his efforts to increase upward mobility, expand opportunity and rejuvenate the American economy so it’s better suited to meet the dynamic demands of the 21st century global economy.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha domestic violence investigation turns out to be consensual "rough sex'"
- Waukesha NOW wins four awards in Wisconsin Newspaper Awards contest
- Park approved for River Hills neighborhood on city's southwest side
- Teen charged with selling handgun to minor
- Waukesha DNR employee charged with stealing cash, trail passes
- Waukesha mayoral candidates at odds over city issues
- Town of Waukesha candidate forum still scheduled despite two not attending
- Police Report: March 6
- Expansion at Eaton Cooper Power will create 200 jobs
- Audit questions Waukesha County Museum's future