On Friday, Feb. 7, Carroll University will host Congressman Paul Ryan for a presentation on how he believes the federal government and its leaders can work to expand economic opportunity for the Millennial generation.
"Expanding Opportunity for Young Americans” will begin at 11 a.m. in the auditorium of Shattuck Music Center, 218 N. East Ave., Waukesha. A question-and-answer session will follow. This event is free and open to the public.
Ryan’s remarks will focus on his efforts to increase upward mobility, expand opportunity and rejuvenate the American economy so it’s better suited to meet the dynamic demands of the 21st century global economy.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City of Waukesha seeks grant for trail land acquisition
- Montessori School in Waukesha expanding its campus
- Ambulance fees increasing by 5 percent in the city of Waukesha
- Xperience Fitness, Dollar Tree already committed to old Kmart site
- Waukesha Slender Man stabbing suspects both found competent to proceed
- Site of former Kmart in Waukesha on Sunset Drive will be redeveloped
- New Salvation Army officers learning Waukesha
- Waukesha Slender Man stabbing suspects returning to court for competency hearings
- Waukesha Plan Commission shops for better plan for vacant Kmart
- Waukesha Police Report: Dec. 18, 2014 issue