On Friday, Feb. 7, Carroll University will host Congressman Paul Ryan for a presentation on how he believes the federal government and its leaders can work to expand economic opportunity for the Millennial generation.
"Expanding Opportunity for Young Americans” will begin at 11 a.m. in the auditorium of Shattuck Music Center, 218 N. East Ave., Waukesha. A question-and-answer session will follow. This event is free and open to the public.
Ryan’s remarks will focus on his efforts to increase upward mobility, expand opportunity and rejuvenate the American economy so it’s better suited to meet the dynamic demands of the 21st century global economy.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Waukesha police respond to couple fighting after an alleged argument over dance music at Salty Toad
- 'Loud political conversation' brings police to Waukesha residence
- Waukesha man accused of child sex assault for groping 12-year-old girls
- Waukesha County Fair's attendance "one of the best" in its history
- The Shoppes at Fox River coming before Waukesha Plan Commission for final approval
- Waukesha South hosting alumni show
- UW-Waukesha presents classy 'Kiss Me, Kate'
- Waukesha Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Waukesha man accused of suffocating ex-girlfriend twice during dispute
- Brewers' Hank the Dog coming to Waukesha