On Friday, Feb. 7, Carroll University will host Congressman Paul Ryan for a presentation on how he believes the federal government and its leaders can work to expand economic opportunity for the Millennial generation.
"Expanding Opportunity for Young Americans” will begin at 11 a.m. in the auditorium of Shattuck Music Center, 218 N. East Ave., Waukesha. A question-and-answer session will follow. This event is free and open to the public.
Ryan’s remarks will focus on his efforts to increase upward mobility, expand opportunity and rejuvenate the American economy so it’s better suited to meet the dynamic demands of the 21st century global economy.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Controlled DNR burn going on in Waukesha County's Vernon Marsh
- Wife of former Waukesha detective pleads guilty to several offenses
- Judge denies request to have Morgan Geyser transferred to treatment facility
- Expenses adding up as seized chinchillas remain at Waukesha animal shelter (3)
- Update: Waukesha police investigating large grass fire along Fox River Parkway
- Paul Farrow will kick off tree planting program at Moor Downs Golf Course on Arbor Day
- Alderman Andy Reiland selected as new Waukesha Common Council president
- Man convicted of sexually assaulting children years ago released in Waukesha
- Waukesha Mayor Shawn Reilly will give state of the city address
- Germantown Fire Department, Red Cross to provide free smoke detectors to residents following April 1