On Friday, Feb. 7, Carroll University will host Congressman Paul Ryan for a presentation on how he believes the federal government and its leaders can work to expand economic opportunity for the Millennial generation.
"Expanding Opportunity for Young Americans” will begin at 11 a.m. in the auditorium of Shattuck Music Center, 218 N. East Ave., Waukesha. A question-and-answer session will follow. This event is free and open to the public.
Ryan’s remarks will focus on his efforts to increase upward mobility, expand opportunity and rejuvenate the American economy so it’s better suited to meet the dynamic demands of the 21st century global economy.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Town of Waukesha Fire Department hosting open house, pancake breakfast
- Former Waukesha pastor charged with sexual assault pleads not guilty
- Two suspects broke into Tobacco Outlet Plus this week in Waukesha
- District: 'inappropriate image wasn't taken with school iPad,' but police say device part of investigation
- Sex assault charges the latest filed against Hartland man
- Lowell Elementary School goes on lockdown after intruder assaults three people
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Montessori gala, art displays and more
- Waukesha Police Report: Oct. 1, 2015 issue
- Waukesha Reads program is under way
- Waukesha files lawsuit against condo developer